Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • STW Cotswold Massiv (Oh my God, remember them?) – This Sunday (15th)
  • rOcKeTdOg

that smacks of forward planning Matt! 😯

mboy
    Free Member

1200m climb route sorted.

I hope you mean there's only 1200m of the route spent climbing and not 1200m vertical!

Some people further up the thread have threatened to come on singlespeeds! 😉

Goz
    Free Member

You mean there's more singlespeeders, thought they were all wobbling around drunk in Wales.

mboy
    Free Member

Quiet, they'll hear you, Mid Wales isn't THAT far away you know! 😉

Goz
    Free Member

All instantly recognised by the bikes they ride 😉

trickydisco
    Free Member

damn it! can't make this now. Smashed my rear derailler at cwm carntoday (on the 1st bloody descent!) Why oh why don't shimano make it easier to replace parts?

peteimpreza

Tricky I can bring one to the meet if you are fast with your spanners?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Cheers for the very kind offer 😮 I left the bike back in brizzle.

Have i met you at mayhem/STW cotswold ride peteimpreza?

peteimpreza

Not at Mayhem but possibly on a STW ride. What bike(s) do you ride?

trickydisco
    Free Member

white SC superlight. I recognise the name. I've ridden with the niche one (sheldon) and the ashton lot and also IHN

peteimpreza

I did the Q's ride this year as well. I remember the bike……….

mboy
    Free Member

Right, bike has been heavily winterised (well as much as a full sus bike with 27 gears can be!), clothes are clean and dry, just gotta make sure I don't forget anything in the morning and we're all sorted!

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Ah just started the night shift…finish at 6 out the door at 10, meet at the bell at 1030, think I'll be ok 😯

mboy
    Free Member

You'll be fine lookma!

Crikey, the sun has even made an appearance… Let's hope it's prolonged!

See you all just after 10am.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Enjoy it everyone – weather looking cracking.

I'm not making it as there is far too much climbing for me and I now have an appointment doing some trailbuilding 🙂

TheSwede
    Free Member

Oops. Just got up. 😥

Dimmadan
    Free Member

40k in those conditions would have been fun. They still riding at 16.25?

mboy
    Free Member

Oops. Just got up.

You sir, are a tool! No more taking the piss out of me for missing that FOD ride months ago cos I woke up late! 😉

40k in those conditions would have been fun. They still riding at 16.25?

It was damned good fun actually! Yeah, a bit (ok a lot) slippy in places (I had several moments where I nearly binned it cos of losing either the back or the front tyre but managed to stay upright), but the sun was out for most of it which helped make the conditions much more bearable.

Cheers to IHN for leading the ride and taking us on some good trails. Cheers to the guy (sorry didn't catch your name) who was there to provide us with tea and biccies about half way round. Well done to everyone who actually bothered coming (fair to say we all had a good time no?), which SEVERAL people who were coming didn't eh! 😉

Oh, and good to see you lookmanohands for what must be the first time in about 12 years! Fair play to you for dropping into that bombhole on your 29er with the seat up, that was impressive…

Right, off to change my user name now after being christened "MaverickBoy" by IHN… Kinda like it so I think it's staying!

peteimpreza

Top marks to Tang as well for turning up with the hit drinks and biscuits.

Weel done Sir!!

grahamh
    Free Member
    mrsflash
    Free Member

looks like you had a nice day for it 🙂

tang
    Free Member

only proper to welcome guests on your doorstep, pleasure is all mine. sorry couldn't join in today, next time(may even park the car with goodies first). hoping ian showed you his slilz! nice to meet you all!

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Peoples, really enjoyed today's spin around the wolds pretty lucky with the weather upto the last bit! Hope you all got down greenway lane In one piece! Lookin forward to the next one. Maverick boy drop me a mail when your free for a ride and good luck tomorrow. 😉

tang
    Free Member

ian, looking good for thurs 3pm, weather permitting….

CheesybeanZ

Cracking ride today Si , cheers to Tang for the tea n biccies
    and respect to Ian lookmanohands that was a big drop on a clown bike 😆

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Oh yeh sounds great, what dyou mean weather permiting! Like it's gonna be dry!

tang
    Free Member

ok…unless its gail force and horizontal rain.

IHN

Cheers all, excellent fun. Especially cheers to Tang for the tea and biccies, I think that without them I would have been on the edge of a sense of humour failure…

looks like you had a nice day for it

Only 'cos he wouldn't get his camera out in the rain 🙁

grahamh
    Free Member

popular lady of the day!!!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hi Ian where are those pics taken of the tree rooted descent cant picture it cheers,or anybody thanks.

IHN

The woods behind the Royal William

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Looks like the newish track on the back of the DH section.

Was this clear as the forestry guys had been heavily cutting in there all week.

IHN, do you have a GPS map of your ride?

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘STW Cotswold Massiv (Oh my God, remember them?) – This Sunday (15th)’ is closed to new replies.