• This topic has 1,595 replies, 106 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 1,596 total)
  • STW Chub Club 2017
  • binners

I could do some STW Former Forum Fatty t shirts? 😀

IHN

Not t-shirts man, jerseys 🙂

theotherjonv

I always used to reckon I was a dream sponsored rider for any erstwhile sponsor…..

– plenty of space to put your logo; wide format landscape a specialty

– sod all chance of the camera not being able to get it in full focus the speed it was going to be travelling at

No-one ever took me up on it.

lunge

1h47m half marathon done, gutted I didn’t drop another 2 mins but still a solid effort. Curry later, I’ll be going BIG!

theotherjonv

The final reckoning……

70 started, 34 made it to the end. That’s 48%, and we know how good it feels to be a 48 percenter 😉

Total weight loss across the group of 34 was 566lbs, that’s an average of 16.6lbs/person. As a group that was 8% of bodyweight, which is pretty good.

Special mentions to our biggest losers – Grenosteve lost 46lbs which is over 3 stone and 18% of bodyweight. And FB-ATB was the highest % loser at 19% which given he wasn’t particularly heavy to start with was phenomenal. And also mentions to Woody21, Dantsw19, Lunge, and IHN all of who exceeded the targets they set for themselves in January.

Although we’re all winners in my eyes. And losers.

IHN

And also mentions to Woody21, Dantsw19, Lunge, and IHN all of who exceeded the targets they set for themselves in January.

I’d like to thank my fellow chub clubbers and family for all their love and support (“love you guys!”), the light and love of the Lord Jesus Christ, and, most importantly, Air China for their poorly cooked seafood

*sobs*

IHN

Are we still doing this?

Anyhoo, 82.5 kg this morning, and now I’ve learned to use our whizzy scales properly, 20% body fat apparently.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve lost 3kg in the last few weeks and am down to 17.1% fat from 18.6% measured with calipers.

Good stories on this thread though – inspiring reading 🙂

grenosteve
    Free Member

IHN Some of us are – email Jon V if you missed the invite. You cant have much more to loose at 82kg! 😉

I’ve had a crap 2 weeks. Was 3 lbs up last weekend, had a very shit week at work and got obsessed with a new game on the PS4, fell back to old habits of comfort eating and not riding much.

Sorted my head out and gave myself a talking too, been hard at it this week and just 1 lbs up today. Still annoyed as I think that’s my first increase all year.

IHN

Yeah, I’m in the ongoing club, just wondering if we were keeping this thread going to support it.

My aim is to stay at 82kg now I’m there(ish), rather than actually loose any more. Having done my body fat this morning for the first time this morning I wouldn’t mind getting that a bit lower, dunno how I do that though.

grenosteve
    Free Member

I need all the motivation I can get, so I’m up for still using the forum.

When my bro went from being “normal size” down to XC racer weight, he was on a super controlled diet and doing LOTS of interval training on the turbo. He’s always warning me that the last stone or so is a bastard to get rid of. Think he got near 160lbs before putting some back on because he was loosing power.

theotherjonv

yep, busy morning at work (someone resigned) so haven’t had chance to send out the reminder email yet. will do so later for those that requested to continue for another 3mo

FB-ATB

Hands up al those that hit the cakes and biscuits after the 30th??
    Up 3 lbs but was expecting that with a weekend away and going back to having toast for breakfast.
    Looks like back to reduced rations for a bit. Especially with a restaurant visit next week where the food is irresistible and the portions large!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Just back from 16 days in Crete and the same weight as when I left – it *can* be done, y’all 🙂

Back to veganism, no bread & limited alcohol for a while to chip away at that target…

TheFlyingOx

Back up to 200 lb. I’m blaming a back injury that had me off work for a week. Nothing to do but comfort eat in a tramadol-induced catatonia.

Work to be done…

RobHilton
    Free Member

Soooo…. CC2017 #2 (JV’s revenge) ends on Friday. I for one am not where I want to be weight-wise and I know he can’t be buggered to run it any more so I’m picking up the baton and launching (¡¡to massive fanfare!!) CC2017 #3.

Anyone else who wants to play need just email me (in profile) and you’ll be bestowed with a link to an online spreadsheet – use it wisely, however as this time around admin tasks will not be tolerated – it’s self-service.

On the “Weight_Tracker” tab add your name, start & target weights to the appropriate columns and come back every 2 weeks to update.

I popped a wee chart on the “Progress_Chart” tab so you can get a nice measure of your success. Obvs. you’ll need a few data points in there for it to start looking like anything.

You’ll get an email reminder to update every fortnight – possibly containing glib witticisms, motivational quotes and the odd cat meme.

As I’m not as draconian as JV you can use whatever measuring system you like; kilos, troy ounces or engrams – I care not. I, myself, shall be using avoirdupois pounds as it feels like I’m achieving more by losing 1 pound in a week than 18 billion angstroms – or whatever the post-Brexit conversion rate is.

I have stuck with JV’s methodology of a weigh-in every 2 weeks as that worked quite well for me. If enough peeps want to do it every week then I *could* switchy it all around, but it’d take a bit of convincing.

The target loss per fortnight is magically calculated for you using the power of arithmetic (and is reasonably accurate). This and any other columns with red headers can be adjusted however you want. Currently columns E-L are hidden, but contain the fortnightly adjusted targets based on the aforementioned target loss. If you are going to change these please do so only if you’ve got a clue what you’re doing – and only for your own data! To do so for some else’s would be an act of high treason & wanton bellendery.

I think that’s about it. I might do a bit of work to include more graphics, such as % to target, top 5 losers – that sort of thing. If anyone has any suggestions then feel free – they will all be carefully considered prior to being rejected :mrgreen:

Starting weights to be logged this coming Friday 29th Sept (or thereabouts), and this runs up to 22nd Dec. Just in time to celebrate your good work by undoing it all over Christmas.

RobHilton
    Free Member

**** me! That was a bit of any essay – sorry!!

theotherjonv

*likes*

Wally

Broken leg = weight back on. YGM.

Wookster

Awesome I’m in!!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I’m in and will try not to be so rubbish at getting near my scales 🙂

RobHilton
    Free Member

adjustablewench

I’m in…

No you’re not AW, you haven’t sent me your emailer :mrgreen:

This is not Nam. This is Chub Club; there are rules.

RobHilton
    Free Member

First invite email just sent out – so far a low turnout…

Jamie
    Free Member

I miss JV’s rod of iron.

On the low turnout, I guess it’s an odd time to start. What with the festive season etc coming up.

I am in. Will email later.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I miss JV’s rod of iron.

Agree on the timing. I’ve set this up so it can be expanded on for CC2018 when post-Chrimble eater’s remorse sets in.

And Gordon Brown said there’d be no more boom & bust…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

newbie alert. I have a bodyfat percentage of around 15% and I’d love to get this under 10%. is this the club for me or is it just for real porkers?

ta!

theotherjonv

I have a bodyfat percentage of around 15%

who said that? Someone said something but i can’t see anyone? Are you there, caller?

Not for me to say, it’s Rob’s gig now but we had people who were virtually see through, there was so little to them through to others who had their own gravitational fields 😉 (and who did bloody well too!)

RobHilton
    Free Member

All welcome!

I, myself am pretty light on my feet already, but those last few pounds are bloody hard to shift.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

yeah that’s the thing, I kinda feel like I’ve always had the last few pounds! I’ve said to myself so many times ok now yu’ll shift it and after a few weeks of super healthy eating I slip back into the whole “I eat what I want at weekends” thing, which if doing Friday evening to sunday nights is quite a large chunk of the week.

ok I’m in if you’ll have me

RobHilton
    Free Member

Yep, just send me an email and I’ll send you the linky.

If I do ever hit my ideal then I’ll probly continue this anyway as it’ll be a good way of maintaining it.

grenosteve
    Free Member

“I eat what I want at weekends” thing

I hate that thing!

May get involved with this Rob, I’ve been beyond slack with the extended chub club (sorry Jon!) and need a kick up the arse to get on with it again.

I’ve bounced between 100kg and 98kg a lot over the last few months!

Tiger6791

Back, 3rd time luck maybe…..

email sent

RobHilton
    Free Member

Do it Steve!

grenosteve
    Free Member

Email sent. I’m in!

ton

fat **** here so put me down too please.

theotherjonv

grenosteve – Member

I’ve bounced between 100kg and 98kg a lot over the last few months!

stop being such a **** to yourself.

Why beat yourself up about bouncing between 98 and 100kg. Phrase it differently…..

“I’ve lost 20kg this year and I’m managing to keep that loss pretty steady +/- a bit even though I’ve lapsed a few times”

You’re a **** winner mate, don’t forget it.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

ok all signed up and entered on the spreadsheet. now what do I do? 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Just wait. You’ll know when it happens.

[video]https://youtu.be/3FoZvkGuOr8[/video]

RobHilton
    Free Member

howsyourdad1

…now what do I do?

Stop overeating. HTH xx

7 invites went out, 6 have entered their details. I got a B in GCSE maths, you know, I can figure out whats going on here.

Any more for any more? Late entries welcome.
    At this rate it’s gonna be waaay too easy to figure out who the top 5 losers are :mrgreen:

IHN

Mail on the way.

Just at the ferry port, about to go to France for a week of cheese, wine and croissants, so I’ll weigh in when I get back *gulp*

Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 1,596 total)

The topic ‘STW Chub Club 2017’ is closed to new replies.