• This topic has 1,595 replies, 106 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 1,596 total)
  • STW Chub Club 2017
  • mboy
    Free Member

Do you want one of my chips?

Just had my own thanks… You know, reward for losing a stone an’ all… 😉

theotherjonv

here we are again

STW name and weight in lbs theotherjonv 193

(1lb off, 4 more to target)

One month to go, who’s still on track!

grenosteve
    Free Member

Another 2 lbs off for me. That’s 43 lbs total lost. 😀

Still not to happy about this plateau business! My revised target is pretty much impossible now (unless I chop off a leg!), but I’ll just keep on keeping on until I hit it.

lunge

Jon, be with you first thing tomorrow and won’t be pretty. Exercise is up, food is up too, if I’ve plateaued I’ll be chuffed!

daftvader
    Free Member

I’m going in entirely the wrong way. 😥 I have been struggling over the last month with my depression and anxiety which leads me to eat, lots. After this weekend at the bushcraft show I am going to be trying to get on my bike ready for the IOM end to end…

IHN

Holding steadyish at sub 85kg (84,7kg today). I can probably live with that, getting much lower probably entails trying to maintain habits that are unrealistic.

I dunno, we’ll see, steady as she goes.

Kieran

Only lost 1.5lbs since the last weigh in but had a taper week before my race and then eaten like a pig this week 😳 so I’m pretty happy with any loss.

So it puts me at a target loss of just over 14lbs in the next month. Going to be difficult but I’m still hoping to get there!

theotherjonv

Still not to happy about this plateau business! My revised target is pretty much impossible now (unless I chop off a leg!), but I’ll just keep on keeping on until I hit it.

Good attitude (not the leg bit)

Sadly for many of us (and as per Saxonrider’s thread from a few days back) – we have a somewhat dysfunctional relationship with food. I know I do, and it’s depression -> comfort eating -> **** I’ve got fat again -> depression -> comfort eating that motivated me to start this thread off. But like ‘recovering’ alcoholics and booze, i don’t think I’ll ever have a normal* relationship with food. And unlike alcoholics, i can’t choose to never eat again.

So keeping on until it’s done – it’ll never be ‘done’; you might hit that point where the number on the scales is the one you’re happy with, and the wobbliness in the mirror coefficient reaches tolerable, but most of us will be ‘watching what we eat’ for ever.

That’s my determination this time – I’m going to stick to my 5:2 in a maintenance mode (maybe 1 days a week i.o 2, or up to 1000 cals i.o 650) but I’m also having an amber warning weight, where if it reaches that then I’m back in full mode until i get back down to target. And that won’t be yo-yo levels of difference either, I’m talking a few lbs. Hit home listening to an interview with a soldier who’d lost his legs to an ied and who has to manage his weight in the same way, because any excess means his prosthetics don’t fit properly and become very uncomfortable particularly with extra weight being carried too.

* clarification – by normal; I have actually a mainly normal relationship compared to some, in that i enjoy food, I enjoy eating out and the social aspect of food with the family and so on. I’m far from bulimia or anorexia levels of dysfunction. If only I didn’t overeat….

fogliettaz
    Free Member

My start point was 90.5kgs back in January and with out too much trouble was down to 85.5 by the end of Feb. I thought all was going well and would reach my target of 81-82kgs by the end of June with out a problem. But now at the end of May I am still 85.5kgs, cycling more, eating the same only problem is that beer and wine seem to have crept in to my week day diet rather than just at weekends.

core

I’m booked up for the Three Peaks Challenge at the end of July, started training more regularly again and eating more healthily, seeing results already, back down to 207lb, just over 3.5lbs off in under a fortnight, and I haven’t gone at it that hard. 5 weeks until the end of June, at 2lb per week I could perhaps still hit 14st by then, but not obsessed by it, mainly want to get rid of belly/moob and tone up.

morphio
    Free Member

224, at least I’ve stopped it going up again!

grum
    Free Member

I failed to get involved in this but I am down to 14st 1lb now – I was 15 stone about a month ago and 16 about 6 months ago, have been touching 18 in the past.

Well done everyone.

FB-ATB

Lost 2lb since last weigh in, so I have 5 weeks to lose 4lb to meet target.
    Sounds reasonable but last Friday I was 1/2lb up on the previous weigh in and so lost nearly 3lb this week. Diet and exercise fairly similar, can’t really fathom reasons for the fluctuations. Wouldn’t mind if I had guzzled loads of beer and pizza.
    Hopefully the bank holiday won’t have a disasterous effect!

To those plateauing, just keep on. I struggled for a while- just after reducing my hubs target down by 8lb. Very demoralising but perseverance has paid off. Should I miss my target I may change my mind!!

rocco

Not had a good 2 weeks. I have been off on holiday the first 10 days and managed to put on 7lbs!!! Just a complete lack of exercise and eating what I wanted without a care in the world. Managed to lose 2lbs the past 3 days being super strict again.

Not happy with the gain but I’m still less than I was in January and I enjoyed my holiday which was the main thing. End of June target the staying the same and will try and get as close as possible.

Agree with the above though that I need to re-assess my relationship with food and not fall into the comfort eating spiral, need to look at the reasons why I eat the crap and make changes

grenosteve
    Free Member

Well put Jon. I keep reminding myself the goal is for chubclub only, life goal is to get and stay slim! Made the mistake of relaxing too much after losing weight in the past.

Has been hard this last few months, feel like I’m working extra hard to scrape in small losses. I was really motivated in the new year, and it was easy. Now I’m thinking about (bad) food all the time, its a constant battle not to give in, and when I do I don’t enjoy the food anyway! Makes no sense!

theotherjonv

Yep.

It’s striking the right balance between ‘a little bit of what you fancy’ and ‘nothing tastes as good as skinny feels’

lunge

Plateaued. Chuffed with that actually. No running for 2 weeks due to injury and me not getting work food right mean I’m very, very happy to be the same weight.

Jamie
    Free Member

While I disengaged from the process of Phat Klub, I am going to try and start eating healthily again from next week (so Tuesday). When life goes sideways, it’s really easy to just eat crap due to it being readily available, and add that to living on one’s own so having no-one there to keep you in check, it’s easy to fall off the wagon.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Just emailed mine in late; in the middle of trying to buy a house but is taking forever despite no chain either end. Ho hum, anyhows, had packed the scales away in anticipation of moving so got them out today.

No change since last weigh in, which is disappointing, but onwards and upwards!

Tiger6791

Just mailed mine in as been on Hols

5lbs in the wrong direction….

DOH!!!!

IHN

Unofficial Friday weigh-in; 84.2kg from 84.7 last week. That’ll do.

theotherjonv

I can’t think what – but something seems to be going on that has drawn attention away from the real issue of the moment. Which is that it’s weigh in Friday!

This is the peripenultimate weigh in, ie: another in 2 weeks and then the last one on June 30th. So….. time to start eating that out of date chicken in the fridge, and hoping for a miracle.

usual format, stw name and weight in lbs

theotherjonv 192

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve been pretty awol for a bit but still more or less at 80kg after a few work trips etc sort of derailed things. That said I’ve ridden more than I’ve done before and my power and endurance are up significantly so I’m less concerned. Now I’m back to trying to cut my weight a bit.

lunge

Eeee, this will be a tough on. I’ll send mine post-Parkrun, 10am tomorrow ish as I’m out on the sauce tonight. Hoping the run will have sweated the crap food and beer out of my by the time I get to the scales.

grenosteve
    Free Member

start eating that out of date chicken in the fridge, and hoping for a miracle

I can confirm sugar free worthers original have the same effect! 😉

Another 2 lbs down* for me, steady away!

(*not due to worthers!)

morphio
    Free Member

220. Good to be going down again. It was due to food poisoning from a microwave meal while on duty. Silver lining to everything!

Kieran

3Lb gain 🙁

Makes my end of June target a bit of a tall order now but i’ve got three weeks to try.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Just mailed mine in. 156, so dropped one of the pounds I put back on, two pounds to go.

Off on holiday for a week, so looking unlikely to hit my target, but if I end up two pounds or so off, I won’t be too upset.

Perhaps a week of monster bike rides just before the last weigh in? 🙂

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Still going down slowly here, i think the shift to high fat low carb has helped massively.

Dont think i will reach my optimistic target weight but I am happy with the change in my diet and will stick to it.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Don’t know how, but I remained the same over the last two weeks.

Lost 1 lbs the week before last, put 1 lbs on last week while on holiday.

I ate so much junk, I’m feeling pretty crap today actually, need a bit of a detox… Just glad to not have gained anything really.

With a week to go I’m not hitting my new target, but I’ve already done better than my original target which felt (and I was advised was) very ambitious.

I know this thread is very quiet now, but thought it was worth saying thanks to Jon and everyone else publicly once again – the extra motivation from this thread and the chub club have helped me out massively. 😀 Cheers!

IHN

So, is today the final scores on the doors weigh in day?

Anyhoo, thanks to spending the last two weeks cycling 580km in Mongolia and a dose of the shits courtesy of the return flight on Air China, I’ve hit a Froome-like 82.2kg (or 181.3lbs in jonv’s Victorian units)

Smashed it 🙂

grenosteve
    Free Member

last two weeks cycling 580km in Mongolia

Nice! Sounds like a great holiday, shame about the last part of it, but like you say, perfect timing for the last weigh in!

dantsw13

A great big thanks to Jon V for his efforts with ChubClub2017!!

This year really has changed my life. I’ve been “Fat but fit” for years but finally decided I wanted to lose the fat part. Using an ultra low carb/low cal approach to get me going led to dropping 2 stone in 2 months. Body composition tests showed I was maintaining muscle mass and water percentage, whilst losing fat – contrary to the naysayers.

Since then I’ve transferred to my new lifestyle – reduced carbs, not much bread, pasta, cakes. No biscuits/sweets. I’ve been drifting slowly downwards since then, towards my current weight of 13st7 (started at 16st4).

I’ve been riding loads, especially my road bike all over the world (helped by being a long haul pilot!) seeking out HC climbs, smashing my previous bests and moving from the bottom 1/3 of strava road climbs to the top 1/3.

Throughout this, Chub Club has been a great source of motivation and camaraderie. Hopefully my story and posts can motivate others.

theotherjonv

Yes, indeed last weigh in for Chub Club today.

There have been fallers, of the original 75 or so only about half made it to the end. Those that dropped out for personal / medical reasons, I hope you get/got sorted and can restart at some point. Those that lack commitment – find it, if I can manage then you can too.

There have been some standout achievements – Dan above is clearly one but several others worth mention – with this week’s numbers left to go Grenosteve looks like the biggest absolute loss at 45lbs but as % of body weight there are plenty in double digits and the biggest was FB-ATB who’s lost nearly 20% of his starting weight (and he wasn’t even fat to start with the bastard)

I hope it’s helped, it has helped me and you know i needed to do it for other reasons than just the weight loss.

Members – will all be getting an email shortly, and once the last count is in I’ll do a summary.

binners

Well I’m down a stone overall, so despite not hitting my target, I’m pretty pleased with that. This was quite a challenge over my recent 10 day honeymoon, where I managed to not go too mad with all-inclusive-itis, and actually carry on eating pretty healthily and not having 3 breakfasts, just because I could. 🙂

I fully intend to carry on my ‘slow and steady’ weight loss and see if I can shift another stone in the next few months

Massive thanks to John for doing this. Its been a genuine motivation to shift the timber thats been accumulating for the last few years since I packed in smoking. So now I’m fag free, and my bulk is steadily reducing. both inspired by threads on here

Cheers you lot!

Dickyboy

Even though I failed through total lack of commitment I would like to extend my thanks to Jon for all his efforts in organising this

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I gave myself a ridiculous target that I didn’t hit.

However – I did this as I gained a lot of weight at the end of last year when I was incapacitated due to spinal surgery and brain artery issues. So my aim was to lose weight and get back to some sort of riding.

I have lost a fair amount and have indeed got back on two wheels. I’ve done 3 weekends where I’ve done over 100 miles – so I am chuffed with that.

I have even bought a spot tracker to appease my children who were not keen on the idea of me returning to long solo rides.

So all good in the main – unfortunately last night I ‘became unresponsive during dinner’ and am currently enjoying the delights of southport hospital. Being checked over for brain issues

A bit scary and feels like it’s made feel a whole load of uncertainty again but I am still determined to keep on chipping away at the weight and getting back out there 🙂

lunge

7lbs below target, fittest I’ve been in my life, safe to say i think I’ve done alright. I’ve plateaued a bit over the last few weeks but am now ready to kick on again. I now feel healthy, I look good (according to my wife!) and generally feel positive about life in general.

I now have goals going forward, sub 20 min 5k, sub 1:45 half marathon, sub 4 hour full marathon, sub 5 hour Velo Birmimgham, that I know I can hit and it feels absolutely awesome.

Edited to remove a profanity, sorry, didn’t think when i was typing that!

lunge

And huge thanks to Jon for his spreadsheet efforts too, really appreciated.

IHN

sub 5 hour Velo Birmimgha

Me too, we should get jerseys done 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 1,596 total)

The topic ‘STW Chub Club 2017’ is closed to new replies.