• This topic has 1,595 replies, 106 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 1,596 total)
  • STW Chub Club 2017
  • daftvader
    Free Member

2 weeks enforced rest after an operation means I’m back up to 15st…. booooo. Still this op may mean I can get back on a bike pain free so fingers crossed

Tiger6791

2lbs up 😯

So target missed by a country mile (6LBS) 🙁

…But overall I’m very happy with progress…waist is an inch smaller

MoreCashThanDash

Some great work and pics up there.

Me – less so. Not been taking it as seriously as I should have been. Been on a course this week and not been near a bike or any other exercise.

rocco

1lb down on last week which is disappointing after a great start, missed March target by 9lbs! It was always a little ambitious but I don’t want to change overall target so best get taking this a bit more serious. I’m still lighter than January so overall a positive, just been back to old habits the past couple of weeks

binners

I’ve flatlined for a few weeks now. Not that I’m doing too bad. Theres still 10lb less of me than there was at the start.

But as Jon noted in his mail, with now being able to come out of hibernation I can start putting more miles in on the bike. I’ve been quite uncharacteristically good and been going to the gym, but dear god, thats a soul destroying experience.

The main thing for me is how I’ve changed my eating habits. I’ve stopped grazing like a heifer through the day, which is far too easy to fall into when you work from home most of the time

IHN

83.8kg against an 85kg target (and whatever that all is in jonv’s 1950’s units 😉 ), so happy with that.

Total loss to date of about 5kg. I have found that a weigh-in on a morning when slightly dehydrated after the previous evening’s ride works wonders 🙂

grenosteve
    Free Member

Last weeks weigh in wasn’t that good for me, probably due to not riding much the week before and eating loads of carbs on Thurs/Fri to fuel up for HTN.

Seems to have caught up this week though, 3.8 lbs down from last Friday. 🙂 I’ll take that!

Inbred456
    Free Member

I’m not in the Chubb club but well done to everyone Dantsw13 looking good man. Reducing carbs and sugar is the way to go. Trying to maintain my muscle mass or improve it is my goal now and keeping the weight down to under 15 st. I am 6ft 4 though. Keep it up boys.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Another 2 lbs down – only 3 to go!

theotherjonv

whatever that all is in jonv’s 1950’s units

You’ll all be using them in this post-brexit utopia. The past is the future.
    (also coming back, coal fired everything, workhouses, scurvy)

blitz

I thought it was the beginning of June not the end! I’ll stick to the same goal though. Anything else would be a bonus.

dantsw13

Another 1 down – 194lbs today. Total loss this year now 34lbs

Tiger6791

Wow! That’s roughly the same weight as

Now go try and cycle up a hill while carrying them

dantsw13

I’ve found my uphill speed has increased a bit, but I’m definitely less tired at the top! Now I need to adjust my mentality to push harder.

FB-ATB

Lost 23lb since Jan. Despite being under March target by 10lb, I’m upset that I’m 3lb over June’s!

If you’re eating you might want to look away…
    Has anyone who’s cut down food intake noticed any toilet regularity changes? I used to be once a day for the last few weeks it’s been about twice a week. I suppose some would say I’m full of s***!

dantsw13

Plenty of water and plenty of salad should keep you regular. I’m now high protein low carb, to start with I was bunged up, but much better now.

FB-ATB

Most of my water comes with coffee, so might have to change that. Have salad with about 3-4 meals a week. Don’t feel bloated but if there’s a way to get rid if extra weight…!

superjohn71
    Free Member

A few years a go, when I was single and a fairly regular visitor to my local (in other words, every night), I did dry January for the first time.

I had similar ‘no poo’ issues, and it turned out to be my drastically reduced fluid intake. I realise your situation is different but it might be worth getting into the habit of drinking more water throughout the day. If nowt else, it’s a cheap solution!

dantsw13

Coffee is a diuretic, so if that’s all you are drinking dehydration could well be an issue.

FB-ATB

I thought the amount of caffeine causing the diuretic effect was more than offset by the quantity of water in a decent sized mug. Worth a try tho- nothing to loose, apart from a few extra lbs hopefully!!

theotherjonv

That’s my understanding too; the issue is that if you are drinking coffee in volume then you aren’t drinking anywhere near as much as you think. You’re still in positive fluid intake, but behind where you’d be for the same volume of water or other drinks.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Has been a week of strict diet and lots of exercise, so had a cheeky unofficial weigh in.

Stasis. Doh! 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

I now have a moral dilemma.

Just become a brand ambassador for Fat Lad At the Back. Feel I should stop trying to to lose weight to avoid a conflict of interest 😐

digger95
    Free Member

Caffeine is not a diuretic so much as a bladder-irritant. This means more visits to the urinal but not necessarily any more volume. Point is if you stop drinking it yes you will need some other liquid i.e. council pop.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve gone up a lb as been comfort eating this week.

**** it…back on it Monday.

dantsw13

Managing to keep it off so far……… weighing regularly, staying off refined carbs and less beer, but no calorie counting.

dantsw13

Is it weigh day today?

FB-ATB

Hope not, feel like I’m plateauing now despite cutting food intake. Don’t mind it when you see results but after eating sparingly and there’s little or change its a bit disheartening. Starting to regret revising my June target down.

Jamie
    Free Member

Is it weigh day today?

Hope not. I have stuck this baby into reverse, and put the pedal down over the last 2-3 weeks. Need a couple of weeks to get back on track methinks.

theotherjonv

Yes it is, but went out early so haven’t had chance to email yet.

Will do it once car unpacked and I’ve had a bath

dantsw13

Cool – think I d been overtaken now as biggest loser, which is great, because I’m happy with where I am. Just need to keep it off, which so far I am.

I’ve had all the parents around today with S buffet lunch. In the past I would have gorged on bread, sausage rolls, pork pie & cake. Today I feel full, but it is crudités, hummous, cheese and coleslaw!!

Big ride planned for Sunday (100k road) but today is 4 hrs gardening and a dog walk.

My wife has also been eating low carb with me – she lost over 2 stone too, now a size 8 & 30F 😀

theotherjonv

Right everyone – usual format, STW plus weight in lbs.

11 weeks to ultimate result, those (like me) who’ve plateaued need to either decide you’re happy with where you are and organise yourselves to maintain it, or change the game to escape the plateau.

I’m starting boot camp next Wednesday……… won’t be pretty, I’ve got strong legs and a reasonable engine, but above the waist is still a disaster zone.

theotherjonv 197.5 (so 1lb off, which is something at least)

superjohn71
    Free Member

Just emailed in, still at 157, so that’s 2 weeks of no change. To be fair, i had adjusted my MFP target down to loosing .5 lb a week in the hope of a soft landing to target, rather than a bounce when I go back to maintenance calories, so I’m not too fussed. I’m not exercising as much as i want to going forward, so I’m going to concentrate on improving that and keep my intake as it is; as long as i don’t gain while doing this that will be fine. I’m only 3lbs off my ultimate goal after all.

jambalaya
    Free Member

170. Weight loss pretty slow I suspect after easy wins where had early on. Have revised my target down a bit and still need to get excersizing again.

rocco

Had a mixed 2 weeks, last week was a gain of about 4lbs due to eating everything in sight, I put it down to carb loading as last Sunday I completed my first marathon. Now weighing in at 3lbs down so very pleased. Not quite where I want to be but I’m getting there and now with no pressure of marathon I can start enjoying running again.

Not going to be quite beach body ready but going to keep original target and work hard at getting there. Can even start riding again now

fogliettaz
    Free Member

I am a kilo up from the last month but with business trips to Poland and Italy and a weeks skiing in France i am not too disappointed. With better weather coming exercise levels should be going up and I am now back on a diet.

daftvader
    Free Member

Back on the wagon and down to 203lb!!!!

dantsw13

Daft Vader – getting under 200 felt good to me! Then under 14st comes very quickly.

theotherjonv

liar…… I got under 200lbs in late Feb and still haven’t got under 14st

Thankfully, I at least managed to get under 90kg as a midway milestone of that inexorably slow 200->196 crawl 😉

daftvader
    Free Member

I was back up last weigh in, and expected the same this week as I’ve really done nothing after my wrist op. But I’ve had a couple of weeks controlled eating which has done the trick. And now I’m rebuilding one of my bikes ready to hit the trails again for the first time in 2 years

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 1,596 total)

The topic ‘STW Chub Club 2017’ is closed to new replies.