• This topic has 1,595 replies, 106 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,596 total)
  • STW Chub Club 2017
  • Kieran

Tomorrows weigh in is going to be interesting!

Not been on the scales for two weeks. Was my birthday last weekend, i tried to be good but the lure of party, beer and cake was toooo much 😀

Been trying the 5/2 fasting diet with the missus but just find i eat more the day after and it screws up my training schedule. That said I was ok on a fast day yesterday, played an hour of badminton and eaten normally today.

Its definitely improving my fitness which is the important thing. Personal bests on a bike hill climb, running and in the pool this week.

Heart is hoping for a small loss or the same head is saying possibly as small gain. We will see!

dantsw13

Woohoo! Under 14st!! 13st12.8 this morning so that’s 295 – goal achieved! Went for a local road ride yesterday and beat my PBs up all the local hills – they were from 3 years ago when I was training for a big hilly 100miler.

GrenoSteve – nothing would make me happier than for you to overtake me. I’ve achieved my aim and if you can lose more than me to achieve yours too that would be amazing.

lunge

Ah, is it weigh in day today? Jon, I’ll do mine tomorrow early doors, I’m on a work based jolly today which likely won’t help hey hey-ho. In fact, I’ll do my usual fasted 10k on Saturday morning then weigh in, that’ll work!

theotherjonv

Great stuff Dantsw13

I just reweighed after yesterday’s ‘cheat’ and came in at 14.2 So achieved my end Mar goal 3 weeks early, but sl disappointed it’s not more. But also shows the effect of hydration / dehydration, I was 14.0 yesterday after a 4.5 hour road ride and even though I had 1.5ltrs of water and a coffee on that ride, clearly still dehydrated to be able to regain 2lbs in a little over half a day!!

If I get some succour – 14.2 = 198lbs = sub 90kg, so that’s a milestone ticked. Must update Zwift, I’m 93kg on there….. that first sub 10 Box Hill beckons.

dantsw13

Cheers – and thanks for organising chubclub! It’s really helped me, and good to pick up ideas from others.

Tiger6791

This is why every 2 weeks same morning is good

If I dehydrate myself I can lose 4lbs but it’s not fat is it.

I ran last night, without water. Got back in and drank a pint of water (weighs over a lb) and jumped on the scales which said 13 10.

After 2 more pints last night then a protein recovery drink thing I was better hydrated

So this morning after a wee 13 12

mazz
    Free Member

Stubbornly static!! grr…

But going well on the bike – went out for a quick spin during lunchtime, and a couple of km/hr faster than normal (despite a headwind for a good portion of the ride).

Just need to focus a little more on not snacking – def my nemesis

Well done to those of you hitting targets – I am doubtful I’ll hit my March one, but at least weight is not going up!

dantsw13

I’ve caught my wife’s obsession with regular weighing. It shows the up side & downs, but I now know what does / doesn’t affect my weight. It also keeps me on the straight & narrow.

MoreCashThanDash

Down to 180, so a slight drop in the right direction again.

In the week I’ve drunk more beer than usual. Makes you think….

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Got to my end of January target 6 weeks late. Not doing much exercise so if I can get some exercise in things might speed up a bit. Just slightly smaller portions and fewer doughnuts and crisps seems to have got things going.

Really hope the 4lbs lost isn’t all water. Trousers do feel a bit looser so that must be a good sign.

rocco

Had a bad 2 weeks, been ill and not been focusing on diet at all. minimal exercise hasn’t helped either, so a 1 lb gain is actually pretty good.

I’m on holiday next week so aim is get back on it and make sure I plan my meals and especially lunch as that always seem to be the one where I fail.

Some great loses here though and it’s all motivation for me to keep going and get back on track

IHN

JonV – I’ll send a weight in on Monday if that’s okay?

Currently on holiday in Gozo, which has involved quite a lot of booze and food, but also walking about 8-10 miles a day. So, results could be ‘interesting’

daftvader
    Free Member

Woo hoo!!! Under 15st for the first time in 2 years!!!

Tiger6791

Woo hoo!!! Under 15st for the first time in 2 years!!!

Milestones like that feel good 😀

Good work!!

Kieran

So the wife helpfully added up my gluttony over the past two weeks:

1 x Fish and chips
    2 x take away Curry
    6 x Ale
    4 x Guinness
    3 x Cocktails
    1 x G&T
    1/2 20cm Carrot cake
    400g Ginger cake
    2 x donuts
    And thats the bits she knew about.. 😯

So I’m quite happy with a 2.6lbs loss. Back on the wagon now to hit the March target. 4.6lbs to go!

theotherjonv

I see a few have been sending numbers in already, great!

To others, reminder that i want your stw name and weight in lbs

eg: theotherjonv 198

as the title, makes it much easier for me.

Re targets. i don’t propose to change the end Mar (halfway) targets at this stage, they’re too close now and if you’re going to be way off (over or under) then just accept it and use it as a pat on the back or kick in the arse as appropriate. But once we do reach that point, if you want to amend your end Jun (and final) target to reflect your end Mar position then I’ll amend the s/s then.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’ve gone right off the boil – half a stone down, but keeping it that way, so not mis about it.

Would like to get shot of another half stone by the end of this so will have to get back on it…

Amazing work by Dan!

Garry_Lager

Plateauing like a bstard here. Dry Jan laid down some good habits so the ale consumption is OK, just suffering from bad cakeitis.

theotherjonv

it is – 2.5st

But there’s a few others who deserve big credit; to pick a few Grenosteve’s lost 2st, and is 75% of the way to his overall target; Kieran, Scrick, Tiger and Woody are all 1.5st down (and more, some of that is from 2 weeks ago) and the number who’ve lost a stone or more is too many to name.

Collectively we’ve lost 700lbs = 50 stones = three whole (fat) people – or four of the new us.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Just sent mine; 3lbs down on the last weigh in, I’m now bang on 160lbs. Just 6 lbs to go. Yay!

theotherjonv

well done Mick Firestarter. A delayed start with an injury means he’s only just getting going, and is already nearly halfway to his end Mar goal.

Where we’re all plateauing, in his world the tinsel’s only just gone up into the loft and he’s got all the ‘easy’ lbs to lose still.

Grrr….

Jamie
    Free Member

I forgot to weigh in today. Will shoot my ‘I’m not angry, just disappointed’ results over tomorrow.

spekkie
    Free Member

Weighing in at 183 lbs today 🙂

I’m about 5 weeks behind schedule but never mind.

10 lbs (4.5 odd kgs) down since we started.
    Steady as she goes . . . .

Dickyboy

Hopeless bloody hopeless, onto the naughty step I go 🙁

dantsw13

I’ll try and post up some before/after shots. 2 new holes in my belt, all my XL clothes gone to the charity shop ( now a mix of M & L) and need a new uniform for work!

mboy
    Free Member

Can barely even bring myself to read through the several pages I’ve missed of this thread. The last 6 weeks have not been kind shall we say. Weight plateaud a little, work stress, personal stress, and then a dodgy right knee have all compounded and meant that I’ve ended up seeking solace in booze and food again!

2lb weight gain since the last weigh in… And you know what, given all that’s been going on recently, I’m surprised that’s all it is! 😥

P.S. Well done to all those who’ve managed to stick with it. Wish my only concern right now was losing the chub!

dantsw13

Hope everything is ok Mboy? positive vibes heading your way.

Wally

Mboy – You are not alone. Work stress and Health over here too. Which forces you to not ride out with mates, which makes things worse. Thanks for helping out Renton, that helped me because I got his excellent previous frame. Thanks again Mboy.

theotherjonv

mboy, 2lbs is nothing….. I put that on in a day a couple of days ago. You’re still down on where you started so don’t give those 5 and a half up.

I know what work and personal stress do to people, and get the comfort eating thing. That’s how I got here, 37 pages ago! Talk to someone, get out and enjoy the sunshine, just do something to change the situation. Wishing you well.

lunge

185.9 lbs here, the weight continues to come off, I have no moobs and can see my cheek bones for the first time in 20 years. I’ve hit my target but I will likely be revising that as I’m still not where I want to be in terms of body composition or look. I’m feeling chuffed and shall go and smash Parkrun in celebration and then make pancakes and bacon in celebration.

Want to start focussing on performance now, 5k time under 20 mins is the obvious one but I have a few local climbs, on and off road, that I want to smash on my bike too.

And, as ever, thank you Jon for organising and collating.

dantsw13

For me, whilst the weight has come off, and I am quicker on a bike, performance still has a way to go. I need to start training for performance instead of riding for calorie burning fat loss.

Tiger6791

Want to start focussing on performance now, 5k time under 20 mins is the obvious one

😯

dantsw13

I’m a plodder and tap out 30 min 5k runs, so that doesn’t sound unachieveable.

binners

Well i’m flatlining. Or is that fatlining?

Not gone up or down for a couple of weeks. Which I’m actually happy with. The positive thing is that I’m over half a stone down, and I’ve got out of some bad habits, like grazing on crisps and stuff, during the day, and not esting my own body weight in cheese on a regular basis 😀

lunge

So, 2 things have happened this weekend, I ran a 21:22 5k which is a PB and I was chuffed with. I also felt I had a bit more in the locker which is also good to hear. And I’ve just now entered a half marathon. And off road half marathon. I’m not sure who I’ve become.

Jamie
    Free Member

I weighed 154 on Friday, and the same today which I am quite pleased about. Usually have a 1lb blip after the excesses of the weekend.

IHN

Hooray! This morning’s holiday-delayed weigh in has me at 191lbs! Which is what I was back on the 13th January!

Curse you Gozo, you little islandy ba$tard, and your food and wine.

:’-(

dantsw13

Yeah, but holiday food weight will be off in a week if you try.

Tiger6791

Got to get through this fataux

5 weeks now and hardy lost anything…..

I’ve got 40 days before I run a marathon and I’m currently 1st 7lbs away from a ‘Normal’ BMI

dantsw13

Had a proper “day off” yesterday for my dads funeral. At least whilst I blubbed my eyes out reading a poem for him I was wearing my new skinny suit. 5 days now in São Paulo eating steak & red wine mixed in with gym sessions might mean interesting scales next weigh day.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,596 total)

The topic ‘STW Chub Club 2017’ is closed to new replies.