• This topic has 1,595 replies, 106 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,596 total)
  • STW Chub Club 2017
  • MSP

Has anyone tried the “meal prep” method?

It makes a fair bit of sense, prepare a load of healthy meals on Sunday for the week ahead, and then you should always have a healthy meal easily ready and available when required.

I tried it for a few weeks last year, and it worked out quite well, but I got bored of the options available, wonder how people manage to spice up the options and keep it interesting, or if it just takes the mental discipline of eating food as fuel, which never works for me.

IHN

There’s plenty of meals you can prepare in advance; chilli, loads of pasta sauces, loads of different curries, all of which will be delicious and no way just ‘fuel’.

I don’t think people need to fixate on food necessarily having to be ‘healthy’, cos that makes people think boiled chicken and kale; it just needs to be fresh, I.e. cooked from fresh ingredients.

rocco

Would love to join if not too late, email sent.

Have just eaten the last of the Christmas chocolate and weigh 13 stone 5 this morning! Would like to get down to 11 stone.

I used to be 17 stone so know I can do it with a bit of motivation and being ‘checked on’ always works wells for me

blitz

Just emailed, thanks.

Current 88kg @ 5′ 9″

Month 1 target: 85kg
    Month 3 target: 82kg
    Month 6 target: anywhere below 80kg

theotherjonv

Still awaiting some emails, if you have sent can you check address is right

takisawa2
    jamie
    woody21
    blitz
    NZCol

No probs with anyone else still joining but please can you make sure you email me details, in lbs and with your 1,3 and 6 mo targets. There’s nearly 40 of us now and I can’t chase you all.

thejesmonddingo

Sorry,Jon,Mail says it wwas unable to deliver,I’ll try again,

blitz

Had a typo in the address. Just resent.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

I’ll join in if i can.

Email sent.

Cheers…

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Hope I’m not too late to the party,

I’ve brought celery sticks and a 6pack of water

Current 107kg at 5ft 10

Is 80kg in 6 months realistic?

I’ll send you an email now

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I was 85.4kg (13st 6) yesterday, for 175cm (5’9) height. I reckon I can get to 81kg in a month, 75kg in 3 months and 72kg in 6 months.

So my goal is to weigh 72kg for Race to the Sun on 17th June.

Can I share some experiences I’ve had with losing flab? I know what works for me won’t work for everyone, so YMMV, but…

1. You are probably overweight because you eat too many carbs, not too much fat. So don’t worry about dietary fat, but do cut out sweets, cakes, pastry, sugary drinks and fruit, and exercise serious control over your intake of bread, rice, spuds and pasta. Get your carbs from leafy veg.

2. Each day, eat about a gram for protein for every kilo of body weight.

3. As soon as you start controlling your macros like this, you will probably lose a few kilos very quickly. Which is nice!

4. Exercise every day for half and hour or so. Vary it. Run, ride, or do half an hour of calisthenics in your pants in front of the telly. Just do something to f*ck some major muscle groups and give your metabolism something to think about while you sleep 😉

5. I find that the more I exercise in the day, the more weight I lose overnight.

6. I find that if I snack in the evening, my overnight weight loss is slowed. So I have a “no food after dinner” rule.

7. Log your weight daily, and your exercise, and everything you eat, on MyFitnessPal. This way, you will learn very quickly the actions that cause you to lose weight and the actions that cause you to NOT lose weight. And you get a nice graph of your progress 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

I’ll update my figures here so I have a record of target if that’s OK 🙂
    Currently 13 St 11 3/4 lbs aiming for 13.9 month. 13.2 3 month, 12.7 6 month.

Would ideally like to be between 12 and 12 half stone

Oh I’m five ten BTW

Ta

SaxonRider

Email just sent.

Today’s weight: 84 kgs
    1 Month goal: 80 kgs
    3 Month goal: 75 kgs
    6 Month goal: 75 kgs

I’m 178 cms tall, and 75 is what I weighed back in July, so I figure it’s a good long-term goal to keep. Plus, I could climb really well.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Good on you all for giving this a go. I’ve fount myfitnesspal app very good for tracking what you’re eating and helping with weight loss, set a target weight, set a weekly weight loss goal and the app will calculate your daily calories. Input what you eat and any exercise you do, more exercise you do then the more calories you can eat or the more weight you can lose.

I found it helpful a couple of years ago when I wanted to shift a few kg post christmas. Makes you think about what you eat and if you’re over eating then you can’t hide the fact. Well that’s if you input everything you eat and have the motivation to shift the fat.

Good luck

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

For losing/mnaintaining weight and making sure you eat the right amounts of carbs/proteins/fats etc the myfitnesspal app is excellent.

It’s a food diary. Surpisingly motivational. Only thing that has worked for me.

Haha just seen the post above. doh!

takisawa2

Just mailed also,

Ok, (embarrassingly) here goes:-

116.2kg @ 5′ 8″

Targets:
    1 month: 112 kg
    3 month: 107 kg
    6 month: 96 kg

Let’s get cracking. !!!

woody21
    Free Member

I month goal – 15st 5lbs
    3 month goal – 15st
    6 month goal – 14st 12lbs

theotherjonv

No email yet Ron Jeremy. Is 27kg / 60lbs / over 4st realistic in 6 months or 26 weeks. Honestly, i’d say it’s a stretch, I’d be aiming for max 2lbs / week and more likely 1-1.5 over that prolonged timescale. That said, 107kg = 16.12 at 5’10” is quite bulky, so you can probably manage quite a lot in the first 1-3 months with changed (better) habits.

So I’d maybe set a long term goal of say 20kg for now, but aim to lose 2/3 of that in the first 3 months = 13kg / 28lbs; and if that’s achieved then reset your second 3 months target?

muggomagic

email sent.

Signed up to the Southern Enduro series so losing this weight will be a massive bonus.

Current weight 116.5kg @ 6ft
    Month 1 target 110
    Month 3 target 105
    Month 6 target 100

crazybaboon

Currently 97kg/213.8lbs @ 196cm/6’4″

1 month target 97kg/213.8lbs as I’ll be on holiday in New Zealand so staying the same will be a huge victory

3 month target 92kg/202lbs

6 month target 85kg/187lbs

Dark-Side

Just emailed you Jon, I am the heaviest I’ve ever been at 99.8kg (6ft) but have had 6 months laid up with a broken ankle. I’d like to drop to 95kg by the end of Jan, 90kg By the end of March and 85kg by the end of June. And to think I was 68kg 10 years and 2 kids ago 🙁

theotherjonv

Baboon and Darkside both added.

pondo

I’m in (sent you some hopefully slightly less optimistic targets, Jon!). Stood on the scales this morning at 249 pounds, five foot ten and carrying some timber…
    One month – 231 lbs
    Three month – 215 lbs
    Six month – 201 lbs
    I’m confident I’ll be able to make good progress straight off the bat, I don’t eat terribly but I’m almost completely sedentary and been drinking way too much, so I think by tweaking my diet, adding some exercise and staying off the lash, I’m hopeful of good results. The tricky thing for me will be keeping it going but I think this thread will help. Good luck everybody! 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Email sent.

Hang on… you’re John Virgo??
    Hang on… AOL still exists??

And that ^^

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Just had email saying email undeliverable

I’ll retry and adjust my goals as suggested

bearnecessities

None of my business really, but Ron J your target is ambitious, but not unrealistic – that’s up to you 🙂

spekkie
    Free Member

Hey blizt – you are within an inch of my height and 300gramms of my start weight, with the same goals as me.

Will be interesting to compare.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Bear

Cheers mate, I’ll do what I can,

Jonv have re emailed (after spotting a typo) and also slightly adjusted goals

107 – 102 for month 1 the to 95 for month 3 with the aim of 88 in 6 months

But I will also be trying to change body composition as well so fat for muscle tone.. (But not super pumped like)

theotherjonv

<tries not to imagine Ron pumping>

<banks the nauseous feeling created by image of Ron pumping in case he needs hunger distraction technique>

blitz

@spekkie

Cool. Should be interesting. I tend to lose quite quickly in the first few weeks then hit the wall, both in metabolic terms and then mentally. I’m hoping this will push me through that. We’ll see!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Email sent, I’m currently 257.4lb, I’m going for 250,240 and 230, this might be optimistic but I’ll give it a whirl. This time last year I was 240lb but I think I’ve probably swapped about 35lb of muscle for fat as well as the extra 17lb.

superjohn71
    Free Member

As soon as the good lady is out of the bath, I’ll step on the scales and send an email. Gulp. Dreading it.

FB-ATB

Have just emailed to join in. In 2015 I went from 89kg to 72kg but have now crept up to 86kg. At 5’8″” I think my target of 74kg is a bit too high.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Oh my giddy aunt. Happy, fit, stable weight? Bang on 11 stone. Weight today? 12 stone 9.

Best get peddling!

Jamie
    Free Member

*is finishing off the last pack of m&ms*

mazz
    Free Member

Just emailed you Jon.

Current Weight 101.2kg (oof!)
    1 month target 96.0kg
    3 month target 89.0kg
    6 month target 81.0kg

Would like to say I’m 6 foot 4 tall. But I’d be wrong

theotherjonv

All added. Only NZCol missing of people who’ve raised a hand to this.

47 names, 9817lbs, means the STW chubbers average 14.13. You fat feckers 😉

Combined, we are going to lose 332lbs this month, which is half a stone each; by mid year we’re going to be 1215lbs lighter (25lbs each) 1215lbs is more than half a tonne, or 5 and a half baby elephants in non-SI units.

Good luck, please use the thread to motivate, cajole, share experiences, etc. DO NOT use it to point and laugh, and please can we also not use it to have another argument about the pros and cons and otherwise of various diet methods. If it works for someone, it’s good for them. Stick with what works for you rather than derailing others tactics. Go start your own thread if you want to show your in depth knowledge of human metabolism.

Jamie
    Free Member

You fat feckers

DO NOT use it to point and laugh

theotherjonv

It’s alright, didn’t you see my winkie?

demonracer

Hi, just sent an email over. Sorry I’m late to the party, it would be great if I can join in as I need some motivation to loose some excess weight.

theotherjonv

also added.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,596 total)

The topic ‘STW Chub Club 2017’ is closed to new replies.