• This topic has 1,595 replies, 106 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,596 total)
  • STW Chub Club 2017
  • superjohn71
    Free Member

A cheeky weigh this morning see me just half a pound down on my last official result, so not very impressive. However, illness has meant exercise has been a no no so I’m happy with that at the moment. In anticipation of the Dr giving me the OK tomorrow (I’m psychic 😀 ) I had a quick blast on the turbo trainer tonight and feel OK so will crack on with the exercise and hopefully drop a pound or so by Friday.

dantsw13

I’ve lost my 18lbs following the Blood sugar diet. 800kcal a day, and cut out starchy carbs and sugar. My meals are tasty and nutritious, I’m sleeping better, and losing belly fat – run out of belt holes!!

Jamie
    Free Member

That’s like 6 lbs a week…. 😯

Even with a severe calorie cut like you’re on, I am genuinely amazed at those numbers.

morphio
    Free Member

To be honest, I’m not sure I like the sound of losing weight that fast if I think about it :s

zilog6128

On a lower carb diet, a lot of the early loss is going to be water weight, I experienced exactly the same thing iDaveing.

binners
    Tiger6791

Whats iDaveing 😉

(Oh and bugger, put 2lbs on this week, was going so well…)

schrickvr6
    Free Member

It’s a great way to lose pounds fast.

Jamie
    Free Member

My rule of thumb is to only follow diets by people with double barrelled names.

perchypanther
    Free Member

My rule of thumb is to only follow diets by people with double barrelled names

Fearnley-Whittingstall?

Badger for breakfast it is then.

cozz
    Free Member

surely loosing 18lbs in 25 days is

a) too quick?
    b)unsustainable?

not that I know owt, cos I’m a bloater !

IHN

Half an hour on the rollers this morning, 10* 30secs on, 60secs off intervals. And I didn’t even fall off this time 🙂

Went to the pub last night and drank fresh orange and soda. IN A PUB.

I’ll be out for an hour and a half or so’s ride tomorrow night, hopefully all will bode well for Weigh In Friday.

Jamie
    Free Member

I scraped a dead fox off the motorway today, was delicious.

Now if you must excuse me, I must go to the hospital.

drank fresh orange and soda

Probably less calories in a pint.

IHN

Probably less calories in a pint.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *breathes* aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Jamie
    Free Member

Well, depends how much orange, but there is 45-ish calories in fresh orange per 100ml, and around the same in beer.

IHN

3/1-ish soda water to orange.

Anyway, it definitely contains more smugness than beer, so I’ll take that.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have been quit booze for a couple of years. Always annoyed me that if I had a lemonade, no coke as don’t drink caffeine either, or orange juice it was almost as bad a pint.

grenosteve
    Free Member

18lbs! Chuffffffin-ell! Well done!

Been thinking to myself this morning after I was going for a PB up a climb while commuting to work (I was really tonking along but didn’t even get the PB!), how much faster will I be once I’m 20/30/40 lbs lighter?* 🙂 Will be flying by then hopefully! And hopefully just in time for summer.

(* I’m sure there’s some kind of equation to work this out…)

IHN

I’m sure there’s some kind of equation to work this out

F = ma, go from there 🙂

lunge

Slightly worried about over-training at the moment. Current programme is:
    Monday – 4 mile run at lunch.
    Tuesday – 45 minute sweet spot session on the turbo.
    Wednesday – 4 miles run at lunch.
    Thursday – 20 minute threshold session then 15 mins of intervals on the turbo.
    Friday – Rest.
    Saturday – Parkrun, either cycle there and back (4 miles each way) or get a lift there and run back.
    Sunday – Bike ride, 2 hours minimum on the road bike. 20 mins on the turbo in the evening if I feel OK and/or am bored.

Runs are at around 7:15 mins per mile pace though I’m trying to get that down. Turbo sessions are done hard too.

Food wise I’m pretty much on the buzzer, no issues there bar a touch too much cheese and maybe too much sugar from fruit.

It looks a lot written down and my food intake is quite low but it’s getting to the point that it feels “normal” after 2 months doing it. Too much? Or is that for me/my body to decide?

dantsw13

At the moment I haven’t had a speed increase, but then I’m riding fasted, and intentionally trying not to push hard on depleted energy reserves.

ransos
    Free Member

Fearnley-Whittingstall?

Channelling my inner Hugh, I have a brace of pheasant to pluck and draw this evening…

Kieran

Back on the wagon this week after a bad week last week.

Eating lots of salad, no beer, lovely bit of fish last night and definitely no cakes!

30 min roller session on Sunday night nearly killed me and 2 hrs in the gym last night has left me a bit sore.

Needed another “target” to aim for so just signed up for this:
    http://www.sandfordparkslido.org.uk/event/mira-showers-triathlon/

I’ve always been a strong swimmer and recently been doing 600m sessions as part of my gym routine. The bike isn’t a worry but the run is. Its only 2.8k so I’ve worked out a route around the houses here which is bang on and going to attempt it later in the week!

digger95
    Free Member

Lunge – all your sessions add up to about 5.5hrs + anything over the 2 hours on Sunday. That’s less than an hour a day so isn’t normally what causes ‘over training’ symptoms. That said, you can’t be too carefull and the only cure to over training is enforced rest – nightmare.
    Measuring heartrate first thing in the morning is supposed to reveal over-training, if its over 10bpm higher than normal resting you are in trouble.
    A mix of intensities is good for feeling fresh I find – maybe keep one of the lunch runs at 7.15 or slower.

binners

I’ve just had a packet of cheesy Quavers 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve just had a packet of cheesy Quavers

Food Nazi!

Coming on here trying to impose your floaty light snack preferences on the masses.

……..I’LL EAT THE BLOODY CHIPS IF I WANT! D’YA HEAR ME ?

lunge

A mix of intensities is good for feeling fresh I find

I think I’m pretty good in that regard, the lunch runs are a bit shorter and faster, the Saturday run is longer and slower.
    The turbo sessions are also a mix, some intervals, some HIIT, some threshold, some sweet spot. All bloody hard mind you.

I’ll moniter it, I think it just because I’m knackered today, went DEEP on the turbo last night then a sharp run at lunch and I’m struggling to keep my eyes open.

theotherjonv

how much faster will I be once I’m 20/30/40 lbs lighter?*

There is an equation, and it’s quite complex, but broadly speaking if the hill is steep enough that you’re going slow enough so that air and rolling resistance is neligable then your power requirement to climb a hill at a given speed is proportional to your weight.

Gradients and cycling: how much harder are steeper climbs?

So, lose 10% of your weight (looking at the average STW chubber, that’ll be say 200 -> 180lbs) then you’ll be 10% faster.

binners

😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

😆

actually more of a Skips man meself.

Let’s have more motivational posters though.

e.g “Skips not Chips!”

or

“Do you realise how many calories are in all that extra pastry round the side?”

Tiger6791

So, lose 10% of your weight (looking at the average STW chubber, that’ll be say 200 -> 180lbs) then you’ll be 10% faster.

Well I reckon 1 leg must 10%ish of my weight, so based on the above if I lop 1 leg off I’ll be 10% quicker 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

actually more of a Skips man meself.

Surprisingly high in sugar.

Just call me Buzz Killington.

binners

Just for you PP

😀

Jamie
    Free Member

The brief clearly stated no typos, Binners.

binners

Amended 😀

It wouldn’t be me in all my semi-literate glory if there were no typos

theotherjonv

these need to be T-shirts……

perchypanther
    Free Member

Awesome 🙂

I’ve manipulated Binners to do my bidding!*

You’re like my dancing monkey now.

Dance, Monkey, Dance!

* In what might be an STW first, I’ve managed to get a Graphic Designer to produce some free work to my specifications in a short timescale.
    I’m like bloody Derren Brown or something. 😉

binners

The invoice is in the post.

Now about these pie charts….

😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

Thick border.

Top only.

Nothing down the sides or along the bottom 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Sorry. No pie allowed in this thread.

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,596 total)

The topic ‘STW Chub Club 2017’ is closed to new replies.