Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • STW chefs – what to do with (sausage content….)
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

I find myself in possession of 4 sausages from our local butcher, home made o'course, size of babies arms…..
    'Spanish style' – chorizo style flavouring, with added kick……
    Dunno what to do with them though – want a simple, comfort food type solution – had even thought of just doing a quick Toad In the Hole with 'em….. maybe throwing chopped peppers and onion in with it…. sort of a Yorkshire Style 'Spanish' Omlette…..?

Go on though – hit me with your thoughts……
    Ta

izakimak
    Free Member

Make meatballs out of them, fry with onions, garlic, pepper's,celery add a tin ot tomato's or better still fresh one's if you got some, simmer for 10 mins whilst you boil some pasta, sorted.

woody2000

You could "destroy" one of them for spicy meatballs. Extract the meat from the chorizo, mash it up and mix it with minced beef/pork. Make your meatballs as you normally would. Omnomnomnom

michaelbowden

bangers n' mash, onion gravy and veg all inside a giant yorkshire pud!

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Cook them up with some puy lentils with lardons and garlic and onion. Thats what I am having tonight!

marsdenman
    Free Member

liking the meatball idea folks – they are just your 'stock' (high quality) pork sausage, well flavoured in a Spanish style so, splitting and rolling is clearly and option…..

mouth is watering at the very thought, this could be our winner…… 😀

Bunnyhop

Sausage pie:
    Put some potatos on to boil to make mash.

Fry sausages in a large frying pan, with an onion, until onion is soft.
    add a tin of chopped toms.
    Add a dash of mixed herbs,
    bubble up and stir for a few minutes.
    place above in oven proof dish with the potato on top, sprinkle with cheese,
    bake for 20 minutes in a fairly hot oven.

Yummy.

Drac

If you wanted to make meatballs then should have bought some mince.

If it's good sausage then it should be kept as that and cooked whole served with something simple like mash, roasties or good old chips.

Moses

Second the puy (or small brown) lentil idea:
    200g lentils
    2 carrots
    2-3 sticks celery
    1 onion
    Lardons/ chopped ham
    + spicy sausages.

Very very filling & warming,
    Excellent for healthy morning bowel movements

organic355
    Free Member

put em on a pizza, or if its actually chrorizo, its goes great with squid or other fish.

I had a great chorizo and squid pasta the other week, tentacles and all, sluuuurp!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘STW chefs – what to do with (sausage content….)’ is closed to new replies.