Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • STW and arguing
  • aracer
    Free Member

Why do so many people on here argue with TJ?

This is a cyclists forum WTF does this happen? Is it 'cos they are all wrong and he's right?

jedi

do you want a 5min arguement or the full half hour?

iDave
    Free Member

I hope you avoided swerving while you posted that from your BMW?

Junkyard
    Free Member

i have not argued with TJ I tend to agree with him.
    DNATHT – does not apply to helmet threads.
    Some people on here are argumentative apparently 😯

zaskar
    Free Member

Because he challeges peoples views and is outspoken-I like the guy as he can have some good points at times.

stumpy01

I can't help replying to 'holier than thou' posts, particularly when they go along the lines of 'you are an idiot for having your view, because my view is quite clearly correct'. Ahem, 'even though it isn't'.

It doesn't help when certain comments that get in the way of their 'correct-ness' get glossed over and ignored.

Some people seem to think that you can apply things in black & white to a situation where some grey is needed. Am I allowed to call them muppets?

djglover
    Free Member

Because people would have an otherwise sad and lonely life

nobtwidler
    Free Member

What tyres for arguing with TJ?

stumpy01

nobtwidler – it won't matter what you use; they'll always be wrong.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It's a sport. It's good fun. TJ is good at it, and it's possible to have a good old banter with him without him copping a strop and calling everyone an A-hole. I reckon he's a nice bloke, one day I shall meet up with him I reckon…. 🙂

westkipper
    Free Member

Believe it or not, bearing in mind the amount of traffic/threads on this site I think most arguments on here are quite good-natured and well behaved, compared with some forums.
    Its fairly rare that the mods have to intervene 'cos someone resorted to calling someone else 'a big jobbie.'
    I think theres a certain respect for peoples rights to start a good rammie!
    BTW, I generally find myself agreeing with TJ,

Except he's too wishy-washy on the 'H' debate- " all h****t-wearers are effeminate losers, afraid to skite their nappers off the ground' is how I'd put it 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

He he he

I will try to give some sort of sensible answer.

On some subjects my views are far from the norm but based on knowledge not just the conventional view – I hope to make people think and maybe see the light.

On some ( such as the cars today) I think people on here are being hypocritical twonks and enjoy a bit of a wind up and making them be explicit in their hypocrisy

Sometimes its just pure devilment for the sport of debating.

I have tried to learn to learn, to apologise when wrong and not to wind folk up too much. I have learned that if one lives by the sword one must die by it as well.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I reckon anyone who thinks that two people riding the same bike is a good idea, deserves to get some stick, imo.

mrchrispy

{Image removed – Mod}

ton

cos he enjoy's it, we all do, it is fun.
    what makes teej a bit differant tho is that if you get under his skin, he sulks/throw's his teddy out/goes away.
    he did it over there>>>> a while ago.
    also, he is like a few others on here………….he likes to pull the 'IST OR ISM' card if he does not like your belifs/points of view.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

says it all really….

About what ? You ?

redthunder
    Free Member

"It is only the intellectually lost who ever argue."

chakaping
    Free Member

Because otherwise he'd probably argue with himself, and nobody wants to see that.

cynic-al
    Free Member

he likes to pull the 'IST OR ISM' card if he does not like your belifs/points of view

That's not the TJ I know.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thank you al.

I am flattered to get this speshul thread BTW

cynic-al
    Free Member

No worries TJ, just being honest – there's too many folk defending real points on that basis.

BikePawl
    Free Member

chakaping – Member

Because otherwise he'd probably argue with himself, and nobody wants to see that.

What do you mean "probably", did you not mean to say definitely.

I for one would happily pay half my licence fee to see him argue with himself.

ton

cynic-al
    why am i not suprised by your loyalty to him……..ffs 🙄

feel free to pull me apart, i will reply later..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

…….would happily pay half my licence fee

😕 What licence fee ? And why do you only want to pay half of it ? ………….who's going to pay the other half ?

Coyote
    Free Member

No problem with him here. Not physically met him but a very nice bloke in my experience.

I once posted for advice under my previous persona. He replied and was a thoroughly sterling chap.

I don't think that he is argumentative for arguments sake, just believes in putting his point of view forward, which after all is what a forum is for.

cynic-al
    Free Member

ton, I rib him more than most and have p***ed him off many times, so I have no idea what you are on about.

I guess you could prove your point or disprove mine, rather than undermine it…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Because it's fun!

Besides, as mentioned above, he's worth arguing with, as he's actually quite an intelligent chap. He's almost always wrong, of course.

enfht
    Free Member

He's slightly lower on the Throw An Insult Scale than RB and has therefore avoided a ban. I blame the NHS

crazy-legs

Why am I reminded of the "argument" sketch from Monty Python? 😉

Why do you think people use STW? I came here for an argument…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No you didn't

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thats just contradiction

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No it isn't.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oh yes it is

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It is not.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Agueing is an exchange of mutually incompatible views backed up by facts – it is not mere contradiction

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No it isn't

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yes it is!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position

westkipper
    Free Member

One basic (inarguable) truth is that noone argues with the c**t with the most nuclear weapons.

I'm off to enrich some uranium 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I'm off to enrich some uranium

No you're not.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘STW and arguing’ is closed to new replies.