Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • STW After-work Pentlands ride Wednesday 24th?
  • honeybadgerx

Grand, just got your email thanks, will see what time I get back in and what state I’m in. Don’t hang around or anything, and feel free to change the route if you like!

bigjim

given the sun we should really mount an overoptimistic attempt on the ridgeline from kips to turnhouse ending in the dark and tears 😯

rudedog
    Free Member

Sorry! I’m going to have to give this a miss after all – Last minute change of plan and heading down to the festival with my brother.

Definitely count me in for the next one though!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m stuck in the East bound bypass traffic, so it’ll be a Midlothian ride for me tonight. Next week hopefully.

myopic
    Free Member

What is the Mortonhall Singletrack?!! I live in the area, just curious how close you might all whizz by my house…

twicewithchips
    Free Member

sat at Edi airport, looking out the window – you guys have a superb night for it.

ojom
    Free Member

Evening. Mark here (TBC).

Will endeavour to get along sometime seeing as I live about 30 seconds smash from the bonaly shop.

Probably better for me to link up about 1930 after baby goes to bed etc. Normally head out at least one evening a week for a road ride though if anyone fancies that sometime as well.

honeybadgerx

Well, I’m just in so don’t think I’ll be making it 🙁 #traingate

13thfloormonk

Thanks gents, excellent evening’s entertainment, Pentlands couldn’t be looking any better right now!

Don’t think I can sustain the lying required in order to do pints at Spylaw every week though, although I shall definitely represent with the hip flask next week. Maybe every third or fourth ride should be pub themed…

Will post a new post for next week’s ride.

debaser

Thanks for organizing that Ian, a grand night to get out into the Pentlands. Good to meet new folk and catch up with those that I’ve not seen or ridden with in what we calculated was years! Sunset with a wee dram followed by that lovely descent off Allermuir was ace.

Pints and scampi fries also most welcome. Wildlife spotting included a squirrel, a kestrel, two deer hanging out under the bypass and a large rat.

Will not be able to make the next couple, but hope to be along regularly after that.

I took some poor quality snaps for those stuck on trains, in traffic, at work or at home nursing offspring and injuries.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Sorry I missed it, I managed to get out for an hour in the woods, apart from the nettles the trails were superb, few bits of mud but mostly perfect conditions. I doubt I’ll manage Weds next week but I might put the bike in the van and spend an hour two round Arthur’s Seat and Holyrood while the boy is at the Commie on Thursday.

chickenman

A very enjoyable ride. I hardly ever ride in the Pentlands (childhood trauma of boring family walks etc). For a man of the cloth 13thfloormonk is quite fit; must get in sneaky rides between Vespers! And..I actually rode a quality descent; my first in the Pentlands!
    Nice to meet folk.

jimmy

Pics look great, hopefully along next time (Flotterstone splinter group in full effect).

robgarrioch

A fine ride indeed; therapeutic after-glow too now it’s down to 40m or so visibility. Surprised to find the A-muir drop far more agreeable thanks to a minor tyre change. Not sure how your pic 8 looks 25 or so degrees flatter than it felt Al 🙂 Hoping can make a few more as they appear, good resurrection Ian!

gauss1777
    Free Member

I’ve been ill for the past few days , so couldn’t make it. Many apologies for the lack of notice, I hadn’t really thought that anyone would have noticed my name as a potential partaker.
    Looks like a great time! Hopefully I’ll be able to join you soon.

bigjim

stupid google

bigjim

will upload pics somewhere else….

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘STW After-work Pentlands ride Wednesday 24th?’ is closed to new replies.