Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • STW 2017 CX thread
  • 13thfloormonk

Hope there isn’t already one, could only see an XC thread.

Seems early to start but I’ve got a newborn arriving in a day or two and the first race of the Scottish CX season proper is 1st October, so I’ll basically be getting all my training/practice in on my commute once I return from paternity leave, so 5 weeks sporadic, sleep deprived training 8)

But, so as not to appear to be getting excuses in early, my adapted MTB (Trek Superfly) with TRP Spyres, 540mm bars, Conti Cyclo X King 35mm tyres and a 38tooth narrow wide up front seems to be perfect for my mid-to-back of the pack aspirations, fast and fun and I didn’t manange to pinch flat round a rooty trail centre red today at 50psi so that’s good.

Training will consist of my usual 30 minute singlespeed commute, mixing between taking it easy in the mornings (newborn remember) and hilly sprints or sustained 10 minutes efforts on the way home.

Hopefully get a weekly thrash around my extended 1hr commute which basically takes in as much flat, nadgery singletrack as I could find between the office and home. Even got a sandy bit and a few flights of stairs in there for extra CX points, just hoping we get a bit more rain soon so I can get some more time in the mud 8)

Anyone else got plans?

IdleJon

Yep, planning for mid-back of the field domination again!

I might even buy a new bike so that I have nothing to blame for the lack of preparation other than too many pasties and cakes.

(Have already ridden a cross course with Ferrals, who should be along in a minute. Me on my MTB, sweating along behind the skinny fit thing that is Ferrals. I made my excuses and left to ride proper bikes with proper fat middle aged men. Slowly. 🙂 )

whatgoesup

Cross-Curious here.

Have a Cannondale CaadX (albeit with road tyres on it right now) so no excuses not to really.

How to find the local scene? Just google it or is there a smarter way?

cp

got a newborn arriving in a day or two and the first race of the Scottish CX season proper is 1st October,

Good luck getting a day pass 😉

13thfloormonk

Goddammit, I Google searched and everything!

Abandoning thread now for other established thread..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘STW 2017 CX thread’ is closed to new replies.