Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Sturdy shoes for use with flat pedals
  • Anna-B
    Free Member

Am looking for some cycling shoes/boots for use on a trip to Scotland that will provide my feet/ankles with more support than the trainers I usually use for cycling.

They'll only be used with flat pedals. What does anyone else use or can recommend?

Thanks.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Awesome grip, and confy too..

bassspine
    Free Member

five ten +1

jedi

a bmx/skate shoe

stevede
    Free Member

Another vote for 5.10's – reinforced toe area and option of boots for ankle support. Really grippy sole too.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

5 10.

epicyclo

Lightweight walking boots.

ratadog

+1 for the walking boots or shoes. I use a pair of Merrell Chameleons which are also goretex and waterproof.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

TK MAxx always have a seection of skate shoes at good prices, thats where I get mine from and they are great

domjohn123
    Free Member

I've just ordered some Shimano AM40 from ChainReaction, they've had some really good reviews and there not scarily over priced 😀

thv3
    Free Member

Another 5.10 vote here.

Clink

5:10 and skate shoes are ok until you have to hike-a-bike in mud etc – then they are downright dangerous – no grip. If you want something for that then lightweight walking boots.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Clink,

I have to disagree, my 5.10's have done plenty of muddy push up's for Inners DH tracks, Aston hill etc and the grip goes from ok on mud to fantastic on rocks. I also used them gorge scrambling on my stag do, climbing up wet slimy rocks,tree's etc. So.. I would recommend either 5.10 hi or some lightweight walking boots.

Clink

I absolutely agree they grip fantastically on rock – the stealth rubber was developed for climbing after all. It's mud/grass I worry about. Each to their own 😀

racing_ralph
    Free Member

AM40s with vibram soles here. Brilliant

Hip
    Free Member

+1 for AM40's. Stiff enough even without the extra sole stiffener they provide. They also cover the inside of the ankle helping prevent crank and pedal strikes. Warm too.

saxabar
    Free Member

The one problem with 5.10s is that they let in and retain water due to the massive tongue. Sticky and comfy as hell, but a pair of cheap soft hiking shoes will pay dividends, if only cos they dry quicker on B&B's radiators. My advice: buy 5.10s and visit TKMaxx.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Sturdy shoes for use with flat pedals’ is closed to new replies.