Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Stupidestest thing heard this weekend…
  • yoda
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

My father in law has one 🙂

I hated shooting it tho. .22 handgun was far more fun.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Hmm. It's almost a meme. 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

Cool is it for targets? Has he got some kind of special licence?

eth3er
    Free Member

Well, this thread has strayed.
    fatal_drop looks to be a one thread wonder troll. Shame really, I was hoping for more, still hopeful though.

yoda
    Free Member

SF Segway
    we're using these for crowd control and cas-evac now. 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Cool is it for targets? Has he got some kind of special licence?

No, he's American. Over there, you can buy them from stalls on street corners.

Well not really, but you can just buy them with minimal checks.

He hunts (sporadically) and I think he got it for finishing off wounded deer, but I think he went hunting with just the handgun once.

Handgun hunting is difficult apparently, and requires great levels of stealth, skill and marksmanship. Needless to say he came back empty handed that year 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

I'm fairly sure you don't even need a reason in the states, it the right to bear arms..

BigDummy
    Free Member

Hardcore! Of course, once you've mastered hand-gun hunting you can work up to martial arts hunting…. 🙂

nickc

Sporadically are really hard to hunt as well. Only see them now and again…

rogerthecat
    Free Member

not been in here for ages and this was the first thread I read – thanks guys, cried laughing.

BigDummy
    Free Member

They're nocturnal aren't they? Vicious little bastards when you're trying to do kung-fu on them too. You creep up behind them when they come down to streams to drink, and kick them in the head.

molgrips
    Free Member

You don't need a reason, no.

Most deer hunting is sitting in a tree for hours clutching a rifle, drinking beer and waiting for a deer to walk in front of you. Some people however actually stalk deer, which sounds like far more fun to me.

If you want to be really hard, sneak up behind it and snap its neck with a single twist of the antlers!

Admiralable
    Free Member

Most deer hunting is sitting in a tree for hours clutching a rifle, drinking beer and waiting for a deer to walk in front of you. Some people however actually stalk deer, which sounds like far more fun to me.

Well you get to wear the hat don't you and pretend you're Sherlock Holmes 🙂 Just that makes it worth it IMO

nickc

If you want to be really hard, sneak up behind it and snap its neck with a single twist of the antlers!

Eh? how does that work, surely if you're on a Segway, you'd just go spinning off in the other direction…I don't think you're taking this seriously molgrips…

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Some people however actually stalk deer, which sounds like far more fun to me.

Does this involve following them home, calling then and hanging up when they answer, going through their garbage and wearing their used underwear?

toys19
    Free Member

Does this involve following them home, calling then and hanging up when they answer, going through their garbage and wearing their used underwear?

it used to, but nowadays we can just follow all their forum postings and lurk on facebook checking out their mates.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yep. Then when they come to the window and look nervously out from behind the net curtains, you can slot them between the eyes.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Nope, it involves hanging around on internet forums trying to smartarse every deer that posts anything vaguely interesting… 😉

Leku
    Free Member

They send me some junk mail. I reply automatically;

I'm now on holiday until Monday 2nd August.

If necessary I can be contacted on xxxxxx.

Regards,

John

I then get the response;

Hello John

Thank you for keeping us informed. We would only update the QA database if you were going to be on leave for a couple of weeks as anything less than that will still allow you ample time to get the QA requests submitted.

We hope you had a good holiday.

Kind regards
    Vikki

Victoria Spencer
    DEA Technical Consultant

Elmhurst Energy Systems Ltd

MrNutt
    Free Member

sounds reasonable.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah, so, as I was saying, my friend's new Liverpudlian blonde bimbo girlfriend…

Ahh, forget it.

🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Heh! It went horribly wrong within just a few posts really, didn't it? Good going even for STW! 😀

theotherjonv

just found this thread. PMSL

For the record, I've also fired Dirty Harry's handgun. It was a long time ago, but I'm sure you're wondering, did I fire six shots or only five?

konabunny
    Free Member

6) Keep on about how fantastically fit and hard you are at martial arts

I once worked at a bar. Bouncer came up to me on the first night and said "Some people used to call us Special Forces but we didn't think there was anything special about what we did. It was just the job".

He was also obsessed with martial arts, dropping army slang into conversations and…Deacon Blue.

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Stupidestest thing heard this weekend…’ is closed to new replies.