Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Stupid complaints about soap operas
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

Last night I heard a radio news report about a current Eastenders story (apparently someone’s eaten someone else’s baby and didn’t use the correct cutlery, or something). In the report it was stated that loads of people have complained because the current storyline was insensitive and unrealistic, how can this be? If its insensitive then there must be an element of ‘realness’ in the story and if it’s unrealistic who’s it insensitive to?

RealMan
    Free Member

New and improved.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Nope -wrong – it was insensitive. Mum with cot death immediately nicks someone else’s baby.

Either is fine as a story – but to link the two – and lead numpties up and down the country to suspect that parents with recent cot deaths might nick a baby was not smart. The BBC have a responsibility to do better that that – “to inform educate and entertain”. They ain’t ITV.

T666DOM

Oh my God you mean Eastenders isn’t real!!! I thought it was one of these new fangled fly-on-the-wall documentaries. Well I never

Blackhound

All over the radio yesterday – whole programme about on R5L. Turned station over.

Its a tv programme so not real and made up. Mumsnet seem to have been the instigators of this nonsense.

T666DOM

I can never understand people complaining about television programmes, do the retards not know how to use a remote control, I don’t like sprouts so I refrain from putting them on my plate. Simples

Stu

Could have been worse…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoY_Fahp_Qc[/video]

IanMunro
    Free Member

It’s not like you can even fall back on the radio.
    Nigel’s scream as he plummeted to his death was far too long for the height of Lower Loxley.

johnners
    Free Member

Nigel’s scream as he plummeted to his death was far too long for the height of Lower Loxley.

You think? I’ve always pictured Lower Loxley as a bit like that big tower with the eye on the top in LOTR.

Spongebob
    Free Member

I can’t believe anyone would be bothered to complain about the content in Eastenders at the moment!

Really, how daft can people be?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

It is perhaps about having some sensitivity towards the many people who have had cot deaths… Portray that aspect accurately and factually, but then don’t turn the mum into a baby thief.

What if they had a storyline where a cyclist was knocked off by a lorry and injured and then, as a direct result of that, became a paedophile? About as logical. How would we feel?

Re Nigel’s Scream, More or Less calculated the height of Lower Loxley as >60m…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I don’t get all the complaints if you don’t like it don’t watch it. You could start comparing this to all kinds of thongs and it getting out of hand but I thought the point of soaps was to be sensational and outrageous. I hate soaps anyway so not bothered it is all utter shite

JulianA
    Free Member

Munqe-chick – You could start comparing this to all kinds of thongs and it getting out of hand

Pics please!

(Sorry to mis-quote you so badly!)

donsimon
    Free Member

I can’t believe that people are complaining about complaints about TV programmes! 😕

In the report it was stated that loads of people have complained because the current storyline was insensitive and unrealistic, how can this be? If its insensitive then there must be an element of ‘realness’ in the story and if it’s unrealistic who’s it insensitive to?

erm?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Stupid complaints about soap operas’ is closed to new replies.