Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Stupid BB7 question
  • mrvear
    Free Member

This is a daft question I know. Avid BB7 brakes for use with roadie levers, which ones?

oddjob
    Free Member

Any road levers. They pull less cable than V brake levers.

mereditp
    Free Member

Do you mean which calipers?

These: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=31348

Work with any standard road brake lever, or STI road brifter.

mrvear
    Free Member

I thank you meredtip, thought it was those but was wondering if the mtb ones would work ( I think they look smarter in black )

cynic-al
    Free Member

Road BB5s £30 on on-one

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

So what would happen if you fitted road BB5/BB7 but used V brake levers? I understand that your brakes wouldn’t be very good if you did it the other way round as the road lever won’t pull enough cable.

Stuey01
    Free Member

So what would happen if you fitted road BB5/BB7 but used V brake levers? I understand that your brakes wouldn’t be very good if you did it the other way round as the road lever won’t pull enough cable.

You would have hardly any movement in the lever. i would imagine it would feel quite wooden and lacking modulation, but haven’t tried it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wooden and no power I would have thought.

I understand that your brakes wouldn’t be very good if you did it the other way round as the road lever won’t pull enough cable.

Au contraire – spongey and rubbing but possibly very powerful.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Al, I don’t see why they’d rub, surely that comes down to where you set the pads/pistons in relation to the disc?

avdave2

Combined with one of those rotating stem and bars might be interesting!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Stupid BB7 question’ is closed to new replies.