Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stumpjumper – To sell or not to sell – Advice appreciated
  • billymarrs
    Free Member

Hi all,

I have a 2009 Stumpjumper Elite in really good condition XT throughout Rockshox dropper post (2014) and SLX carbon bars. Rockshox Revelations on the front. Original dt swiss wheels.

The rub is I built it myself and I am really fond of it, I should sell it but would only do so if I got a good price, (what is a good price ????). If it would sell for peanuts I may as well hang on to it, although not well used, it has good memories of Zermatt trips etc.

Any ideas on pricing of something like that????? Any help is appreciated

Kind Regards
    Billy M

cynic-al
    Free Member

Search eBay, simple.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

the price is always going to be a lot less that you would be willing to accept. I still have my sworks 2001 and still makes me smile when I get it out for a ride. Have a look at similar models sold on ebay, gumtree, pinkbike etc. Good luck with whatever you decide.

ebennett

Just sold my 09 Stumpy FSR Comp for £350 with nothing but the original spec on it, so I suspect you’d be able to get double that.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If you like it, it rides well and there are no problems why do you want to sell it?
    The next bike isn’t always the better one!

Speshpaul

Ride, then don’t. see if you find yourself picking it out to ride again.
    Answer your own question 🙂

Speshpaul

Ride, then don’t. see if you find yourself picking it out to ride again.
    Answer your own question 🙂

I’ve got a 2010 s-works carbon FSR. Does get ridden much at the mo because I am faster on it than my boy. so I mainly ride my Solaris with him.
    But I can see the stumpy coming in handy soon 😀

large418
    Free Member

I’ve never got rid of a bike, just turn it into something else. Why not singlespeed it or use it for the odd blast now and again. As long as the money isn’t needed, and you have space to keep it, why get rid?

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

I sold a 2007 stump jumper pro carbon at the beginning of the year for £650. All stock except grips, a chainring and tyres.

I found that eBay was a waste of time, lots of people asking stupid questions or clicking the buy it now button then not turning up. Sold it on pinkbike in the end.

So, it can be done. Although I think I might’ve been lucky…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stumpjumper – To sell or not to sell – Advice appreciated’ is closed to new replies.