Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stumpjumper FSR 2010 rear sus swap – is it possible?
  • Drewleay
    Free Member

Hi all, I just wanted to know if anyone out there knows if it is possible to change out the standard triad from the 2010 Stumpjumper to something/anything a bit hardier?!

I want something that can take my weight and harder hits but the attachment to the fsr component piece is not the standard rear shock eyelet…

Please please please send me any ideas or help as the Specialized shop I went to didn’t have a clue and I have written to them online 3 times now with no answer (it has been a month since the last email I sent so I have been patient).

Many thanks 🙂

stumpy01

You might be able to get a custom shock done by Mojo……with the rear split mount part fitted to a different shock.
    But apart from that possibility, I don’t think there’s any off the shelf options.

What do you mean about it being able to take your weight and harder hits?

Unless you are on the robust side, the shock should be able to take your weight if it’s set up correctly.

If you are really hammering this bike & getting to the limits of the shock’s capability, then it’s probably not designed for the riding you are doing and you’d be better off getting rid & buying something like an Enduro….?

Drewleay
    Free Member

Hi Stumpy – I did think about talking to Mojo but not sure I can afford a custom job at the moment… I also believe I may be needing a hardier bike as I mainly do trails which is perfect for the Stumpy but I do like doing all mountain and have hit some more downhill-esk tracks where I wanted to beef up.

At 6ft 5″ and around 100kgs I’m not the biggest, but far from the smallest rider out there and affordability of a new bike is not on the cards. I thought a shock upgrade/cross over would be a lot cheaper…

LoCo
    Free Member

You’d need a new body tube so custom build or cheap shock off someone and get them (Mojo) to swap the body.

Drewleay
    Free Member

Could you explain further Loco? Thanks

LoCo
    Free Member

The body tube is the plain shaft that goes in and out of the shock, the fixing into the spesh link is different haing a thread (i think) into the ‘driving link’.
    So if you get a correct length shock the body tube should be able to be swapped for a Spesh compatible one, either from new or on an another shock, speak to the Mojo though as they don’t supply any bodytubes to anyone not me or TF 😥

Drewleay
    Free Member

Thanks mate – I’ll try 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

There was talk that Spech might be bringing out an Evo kit for the Enduro. Maybe they will for the Stumpy too.

BoardinBob

I swapped the rear shock on my FSR XC. As long as you have a shock with the correct eye to eye length, TF will alter the stroke length to suit. They charged me £20

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stumpjumper FSR 2010 rear sus swap – is it possible?’ is closed to new replies.