Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • student summer employment opps for my daughter French Alps ? Bike hol companies?
  • iainc

Ok, my 17 yr old daughter is looking to work in France from mid May till early next September between finishing school and starting Uni.

any friendly bike holiday people on here with pointers – she is looking for chalet/bar/waitress type stuff.

…..and please remember, this is my daughter we are discussing here 😀

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

the mountain bike chalet in les arcs had a couple of young ladies working in their chalet this summer. might be worth a try?

i never got to meet them 🙁

oliverd1981
    Free Member

How much is a 5 lite bottle of mace in the alps? She might well need it..

iainc

ouch !

legend
    Free Member

Sending your daughter to somewhere with a 99% male population? She’ll have fun I suppose!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I don’t think there’s a summer version of “Natives” (the winter saisonaires STW) I’d suggest visiting the resort in winter (if you ski/board) and seeing which bars/chalets are British run and which open in summer. Staying with a British run company is a good time to sew the seed for a future job…. Of course the Portes du soleil is still pretty much the Mecca. Morzine is argubly the hub and has more amenities (a 100% biking summer season could drag a bit I’d imagine)

I’ve stayed in Les Gets and Chatel, both have a few British Chalet companies and Bars, they’re nice chilled out little towns.

Chalet Companies come with free accomodation and reduced riding hours. Bar jobs come with a mutzig Hangover and a torrent of bad chat up lines…

A small apartment for the summer (probably something better than winter staff could ever afford) won’t be super expensive, especially if she takes a friend to share costs (they’ll need twice as much mace though)

Sending your daughter to somewhere with a 99% male population?

Shh! – could be 98.99999 next year

rickmeister

Could try Phil at mbmb, there were some Brits in the apartment when we stayed there… we also met a few brits working in Zermat in the pubs/bars…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘student summer employment opps for my daughter French Alps ? Bike hol companies?’ is closed to new replies.