Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Stuck rebound knob on RP23….
  • nickegg
    Free Member

….any ideas on how to get it working?

or is it a Mojo job?

I can't get it to turn at all 😥

tandemwarriors

Nickegg, STW is a very scary place sometimes…..

have just done an air sleeve service on my RP23 for the first time, pretty straight-forward, then discovered the rebound dial was stuck. Was just about to start a thread called 'stuck rebound knob on RP23' and spotted yours!

Have blasted it from all directions with GT85 which got some movement, then it stuck again which suggests some grit behind the dial.
    There are 3off 1.5mm allen bolts, one in the Propedal lever and 2 on the shock body. If I undo them can I disassemble and clean the propedal & rebound dials, or will my shock explode into a million pieces and I'll be struck down with a bolt of lightening?

Rob

nickegg
    Free Member

Thats the problem…i did that and now the rebound dial won't sit all the way down and i can't re-assemble the levers properly.

Looks like when you remove the red rebound dial a small tab, that is turned by a cam on the bottom of the rebound dial, is allowed to move forward and prevents the knob from seating properly.

No worries…i'll send it to Mojo for a service anyway.

tandemwarriors

Thanks for saving me, the 1.5mm allen key was getting in striking distance and my 'tinkering genes' were about to get the better of me!
    Will leave well alone.

Rob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Stuck rebound knob on RP23….’ is closed to new replies.