Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stuck ball bearing…..
  • FFJA
    Free Member

Hmmm i seem to somehow have a ball bearing fairly firmly wedged into a hole it sits in on my fork spring…. Pleeeease anyone got any tips on how to remove it so i can ride tomorrow?
    Cheers

Drac

At a guess try emptying an aerosol very close up onto it to try and cool it thus making a touch smaller. Might not work and you may not want your fingers in the way.

scaredypants

you mean the little springs for u-turn/ata knobs ?

regardless, surely it'll pop out with a bit of "assistance" (do it in a plastic bag though, so the bb doesn't fly away)

FFJA
    Free Member

It a bb and little spring which sit in a hole on top of the coil spring on some pace rc40's.
    I've tried vigourously bashing the spring on the garage floor but doesnt seem to have moved at all 🙁

carlos
    Free Member

last time this happened to me I gave it a good squirt of GT85 directly into the hole using the red thin adapter thingy and it pushed it up and out. It might take a couple of tries but it will work just keep on persisting with it

FFJA
    Free Member

Cheers chaps i'll persist with it. I guess if i dont put both back it it wont compress the spring in a straight line when i adjust the travel?

IA

fridge magnet?

FFJA
    Free Member

Sorted! The flushing worked where brute force and ignorance failed! **** knows where the spring went but i have one a similar size so that should do, i'll have another bash in the morning,
    Cheers all

carlos
    Free Member

Nice 1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stuck ball bearing…..’ is closed to new replies.