Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stroker Trail servicing
  • MrSalmon
    Free Member

My Strokers are getting pretty sticky- the brakes are effectively always on at the moment and the pistons seem to creep out even after being pushed back in. What’s involved in taking them apart- will I soon be wishing I’d just taken them to a shop?

BoardinBob

Try bleeding them first before taking them apart. Bleed kits are £15.

FuzzyWuzzy

Caliper comes apart pretty easy (I had to replace a piston recently), I’m now having problems getting them bled properly though :p As for sticky pistons you may get away with cleaning the pistons and lubing them with a bit of dot fluid.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’m not sure they are sticky I suppose- I assumed they were reluctant to go back in because of crap behind them (which there probably is anyway) but I guess bleeding is probably the place to start.

brant
    Free Member

There is a guy in CRC’s workshop who is apparently a demi-god at fettling these.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Try some silicon spray lube like Stendec Superglide down the side of the pistons, and then work them some. Clean off thoroughly afterwards!
    If the lever is not returning then try the same with the master cylinder.

turnip
    Free Member

Teh guy at CRC should be a demi god at serviceing hayes brakes as hotlines is owned by CRC and they are the distributors….

Sounds like he has had lots of practice at repairing them!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stroker Trail servicing’ is closed to new replies.