Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Streakers
  • imnotamused
    Free Member

Just watching Murray and its a great game but I’m just thinking back to the older days when we got a good streaker, or a bad one. Don’t seem to get as many these days, or any.

Do the police come down too hard these days?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s to do with the police coming down too hard on them. Streaking was particularly prevalent in the period immediately after the rebellious 60s, and was fairly closely linked with the hippy culture/sexual revolution and the ‘freedoms’ associated with nudity. People are a lot less rebellious these days and don’t quite feel the need to stick two fingers up at convention as much.

donsimon
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I didn’t realise that you looked quite so Spanish don simon.

I guess that’s what living in Madrid does to you.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I remember the first time I ever saw a, erm, ladygarden on the telly was I think a cricket game maybe and a nudie woman streaked. I thought it was funny, and so it seemed did the players. 🙂

Streakers used to be amusing and a bit shocking to the establishment.

Then you got people like that Mark Roberts who turned up at any event, and made it boring. 🙁

trailmonkey

People are a lot less rebellious these days and don’t quite feel the need to stick two fingers up at convention as much.

I’m not sure that’s true. I think there’s far more people that genuinely don’t give a **** today than there ever were in the 70’s. Poverty has increased so it seems logical that this is reflected in peoples attitudes.
    It just gets manifested diferently now, instead of protest you just get beligerence. Instead of activism you just get apathy.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Shame cos a pair of boobies or a shiney helmet brightens up any game. Fort William world cup anyone?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Streakers’ is closed to new replies.