Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Straw poll (car content)
  • Kryton57

Colour and roof rails;

This:

Or this:

My last question on the subject I promise…

woody2000

Silver one for sho’ 🙂

wwaswas

silver.

Black looks dirty about 3 minutes after you clean it.

roof rails offer more flexibility in load mounting.

Lifer
    Free Member

Silver

PiknMix
    Free Member

first one

momo

With roof rails for me whatever the colour, although I personally don’t like black cars!

Rails make it much easier to put racks on without fear of scratching the paint, with my old golf I would never put the racks on unless I had given the car a thorough clean, now I just give the rails a quick wipe down and on it goes, far more flexible!

Yak

silver

trail_rat
    Free Member

that car doesnt look like a straw poll ?

whats the question ?

hot_fiat

Silver, with those wheels. Though back telephone dials would look better.

If I were buying I’d be drawn to this rare beastie

Northwind

Usually I’d say silver but these look brilliant in the flesh in black.

loddrik
    Free Member

Second one. The alloys and red callipers are much better looking. Plus I don’t like estates without roof rails.

mefty
    Free Member

Black

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Black, black, black, black, black, black, black.

scotroutes

The lower one. Left hand drive cars are a pain in the UK.

MoreCashThanDash

Silver because of the roof rails. If the black had rails, I’d prefer that.

bigblackshed

The black one if you keep it spotlessly clean and never want to load anything on the roof.

Practically, the silver one. When it gets dirty silver tends to go ‘grey’, so they don’t look as dirty, if that makes sense. When my silver Golf gets a wash it’s a surprised “Oh, I’ve got a SILVER car!”

Kryton57

I should add the car I’m looking at is a darker “mercury grey” (and RHD) 🙂 and has rails like the lower one.

The rails seem to be rare on these and can’t be retro fitted, but its a case of not living with the black one for 2 years, can I cope wah, wah etc 😥

munrobiker
    Free Member

Black with rails and the wheels off the silver one. Silver cars are the choice of the most unimaginative.

Although, I own a silver car. But it has a black roof, mirrors and wheels and there’s only about 200 in that colour in the country. So, erm, yeah. Still black.

stox
    Free Member

Silver – looks like a Ti model? Delicious

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

The one with the lowest mileage

munrobiker
    Free Member

Oh, well, Mercury Grey looks good. Get that.

DezB
    Free Member

Make your own mind up man!

geoffj

No red interior?
    I is disappoint

Kryton57

Thats the one Munrobiker.

Lol @ DeZb *rolls dice*

jamesfts
    Free Member

njee20
    Free Member

I should add the car I’m looking at is a darker “mercury grey” (and RHD) and has rails like the lower one.

So you wanted us to choose between two colours that you’re not actually looking at. Iz Confuse.

Grey > black > silver IMO. No roof rails.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Make your own mind up man!

Kryton isn’t the most decisive person you’ll ever meet….he needs to explore each and every avenue…at least twice!

K, seeing as you haven’t actually shown the pics of the actual cars its not an easy decision, cos you didn’t mention the wheels which make a big difference.

simon_g

Rails if you ever want to put things on the roof. The roofbar mountings if you don’t have rails are pretty poor.

Wouldn’t have another black car either.

CheesybeanZ

We’ve got a silver van and its not been cleand since june 2014 , looks a bit grubby but ok .
    Both next door neighbours have black cars that look filthy and need cleaning every week .
    Not so much car cleaning = more riding time .
    Silver FTW .

BrickMan

Silver/ shiny rails/ anthracite wheels/ red brakes/ very slight tint = perfect + easy to clean*

*i.e. you don’t have to. My car goes around 4-6k miles between wash’s and always gets comments on how tidy it looks.

DezB
    Free Member

Both next door neighbours have black cars that look filthy and need cleaning every week

No! No! I’ve made my own mind up and no nonsense from STW is going to change it. I never wash my car and I’m seriously considering a black one.. bugger.

Northwind

The cleaning question comes down to, do you hate having a dirty car? Or do you just see dirt as a thing that happens. Dirt on black looks great to me, signs of life. Get some mud up the sides.

But then, nobody’s quite sure what colour my car is, under the crust.

M6TTF
    Free Member

colour is irrelevant, you’ll never see it as it will be at the dealership being fixed

DezB
    Free Member

colour is irrelevant, you’ll never see it as it will be at the dealership being fixed

Hey Kryton – did you see that? A new joke!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Black cars look lovely when clean, but having had two now, I’m in the never again camp (but I tend to keep my cars clean and dip my toe in the geeky world of detailing).

Silver is pretty dull, but with the right wheels and a subtle window tint can look smart.

The grey one you posted up is equally dull (hence the nickname resale grey) but does look smart.

The red one posted up looks properly smart.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Out of the original options, get a black one, then polish it. Lots. Then polish it.

But get a red one.

beaker2135

Silver would be my chioce

br
    Free Member

Black cars look lovely when clean

Agree, but unfortunately I never ever clean my cars and my last black one was horrific after only 2 years and 75k. Silver one now.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…I think you need to move on from silver cars !

Mercury grey looks fantastic

angeldust
    Free Member

If you are going to use roof mounted accessories fairly often, get one with roof bars. You will regret it otherwise.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Straw poll (car content)’ is closed to new replies.