Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Straw of Destiny
  • twisty

Bloody lost it again.

Does anybody actually have an effective strategy for keeping track of their gt85 / wd40 straws. I now have two bottles of strawless wd40. I think if i relocate the straw again i am going to cut it in half, keep one half zip-tied to the can and the other half in a safe place.

I see now that wd40 is sold with a clever always attached flippy straw, but they charge a premium for it, and my current supply will probably last for a few years anyway.

crogthomas
    Free Member

Is the flippy straw removable from the can? If so, you only need to buy one, then swap it between cans for all eternity.

twisty

Now that is a smart idea. Looks like the ‘smart straw’ can be converted to use on other cans if the mounting hole is drilled out to 3.5mm diameter for a depth of 5mm.

phiiiiil

I keep all my cans and stuff in an old recycling box in the garage; the bottom of it must be swimming in those little straws by now, because I certainly can’t find them anywhere else!

kayak23

You can buy them on eBay etc, though there has to be a cheapskate hack…

And

metcalt

The method you mentioned works for me. Straw cut in half and one half kept in my odds and sods storage (old SRAM chain box in my toolbox), the half in use is tucked into an elastic band around the can.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Straw of Destiny’ is closed to new replies.