Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Strava/Garmin connect sync
    Free Member

I should have known better but I clicked a box which said it sync with Garmin when i was on Strava the other week as I read it was being done. Any one know how to un sync it as it seems to be mucking up Strava when I try to down load from my Edge 800 .

househusband

I tried it and now just plug in my 510 and directly upload the .fit file from the activities folder. I *think* that it came up as a social connection in your settings and can be easily disconnected.

deadkenny
    Free Member

The sync option on Strava was added recently and means if you sync with Connect it will automatically upload to Strava (though won’t set the title or the bike you were riding).

I think it’s all done from Connect, so you’d have to go into their site and try to disable. I think there’s a connected account setting somewhere and you can remove Strava from it.

You can then upload in Strava using the plugin or just manually uploading the .fit file. Either seems to work okay for me, although the Connect sync works too. However I strongly advise not installing Garmin Express to sync to Connect. I’m convinced that was what was corrupting .fit files for me.

Jase
    Free Member

Yeah its in Connect

Free Member

Thanks for that as I have turned it off in Connect and I will see if this sorts the problem out.

Superficial
    Free Member

Yessss this is the feature I’ve been waiting for for ages – didn’t realise this had been implemented so thanks for the heads up. The one feature that has been missing from Garmin’s interface. In fact, it’s weird that this connection appears to have come from Strava rather than Garmin. Anyway, if it all works as advertised I’ll be very happy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Strava/Garmin connect sync’ is closed to new replies.