Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Strava-sts – finding latest riders on a trail.
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

I got utterly blown into the weeds today by a very rapid rider. I know he is on Strava as we chatted about it as I was pulling over to let him past. So being new to this, I have started a Strava account and wanted to follow him on Strava but didnt get his name or anything. So is it possible to look at a trail and find the most recent riders down it today?

nedrapier

as we chatted about it as I was pulling over to let him past.

Chat?

..ssTRAAVAAAaaa..

scotroutes

View Flyby

yorkshire89
    Free Member

You can loo at todays leaderboard, or the flyby player.

stevied
    Free Member

*stalker alert* 😳

nedrapier

There’s a thing called flybys which shows in your activities and tells you who you rode with/ passed/ were passed by. You might need to change your privacy settings to see it.

nigew
    Free Member

Were you using strava as he passed?
    If not flybys won’t work
    Have a look at the leaderboard for today.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Ok found it now, cheers

amedias
    Free Member

Was he called Dave? This isn’t going to turn into a sequel to the Surrey Hills Romance of 2011 incident is it?

5plusn8
    Free Member

Were you using strava as he passed?
    If not flybys won’t work
    Have a look at the leaderboard for today.

Leaderboard did it, I wasn’t using strava until I registered when I got home!

bigjim

Oh squeal, I’m going to buy a hat!

5plusn8
    Free Member

Was he called Dave? This isn’t going to turn into a sequel to the Surrey Hills Romance of 2011 incident is it?

No, and I don’t know what that is, I was riding n Surrey Hills though!
    Anyway it won’t go any further as once I found said rider I discovered he is only the 377th fastest on that trail, and I am in the 3000’s. So he is not the great hero I thought he was, and this just illustrates how utterly slow I am, so I have deactivated the Strava account already!

martinhutch

Course he’s only 377th. He stopped to have a chat with you! If you hadn’t stopped then you would have been at least 2996th. 🙂

antennae
    Free Member

this just illustrates how utterly slow I am, so i ahve deactivated the Strava account already!

No need for that OP, sometimes the best person to race on Strava is yourself! Pretty nice when you beat a PR on a trail, or chip away at a segment time over many attempts…

5plusn8
    Free Member

Ahhh but his time today was much slower! His best time was 377!

No need for that OP, sometimes the best person to race on Strava is yourself! Pretty nice when you beat a PR on a trail, or chip away at a segment time over many attempts..

Well I dunno if utter disappointment trumps that, I might use it when I am a bit faster, but right now it makes sense to look at the trail not my phone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Strava-sts – finding latest riders on a trail.’ is closed to new replies.