Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • strava borked?
  • docrobster
    Free Member

2 recent rides on strava. Trying out thisissheffield strava smashing:
    monday
    There are three segments, a downhill, an uphill, and a long segment that includes down and up plus the flat bit in between negotiating the horsey gates
    the start and finish of the down and up doesn’t exactly match the start and finish of the long segment, but it’s pretty close.
    So on the first attempt, I’ve got 2.00 down, 11.02 up, total 13.40 sounds about right…did it again on wednesday night:
    wednesday
    this time I was slower on the down and up sections (2.27 and 12.02) yet strava has logged a shorter overall time (13.33) despite this being longer than the 2 short segments combined.
    What gives. Is strava just really inaccurate?
    Both recorded with iphone app by the way- is it a sheepPhone issue?

pudd
    Free Member

Borked? huh?

docrobster
    Free Member
    trail_rat
    Free Member

sounds like an “it took longer to press stop on my phone” issue.

scaled
    Free Member

Travis Robison, Oct 11 10:50 am (PDT):
    Hello,

Sorry for your trouble. We’re experiencing some uploading issues that are affecting a very small portion of athletes and activities and we’re investigating the exact cause. Our mobile team is working hard to locate a fix and we hope to have it fixed soon. Unfortunately, at this time any activity that fails to sync with the error “Upload Finished with Errors” contains no usable data. Please close the app to clear the stuck upload which will allow future activities to sync successfully if the data is available. I apologize again as I know this is frustrating.

If you’re not familiar with closing apps, double tap the home button until the list of running apps appear on the bottom of the screen. Then find the Strava app and press and hold the Strava icon until the close button appears and press to close.

Cheers,
    Travis
    Strava Support Team

Sounds like the latest update on the iphone has buggered a fair bit up…

neninja
    Free Member

Strava is totally random with the data it gives in my experience. I guess it’s only as good as the data it receives from your gps device – in my case my phone.

Some of the top times for some off road segments locally would be impossible on a motocross bike let alone a mountain bike.

pudd
    Free Member

Oh ok. Thanks docrobster.

Borked. Broken. I get it now.

Its a buzz word for silly tw @ ts who wannabe cool or rad or like whatever dude?!

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Strava isn’t the most accurate – when i record my commute, it regularly varies the distance travelled by 0.1 – 0.3 miles over a 4.5 mile distance. And this is when the route is exactly the same, door to door.

atlaz
    Free Member

Or just a word that’s been used for about 20 years

pudd
    Free Member

So is Tosser

composite
    Free Member

I imagine if you are older than about 20 its been in use longer. 😆

docrobster
    Free Member

I tend to choose my language according to the audience so yes all of the above 😆
    Anyhow
    It’s not a failing to press stop issue as the rides both went on for another 20 minutes or so.
    I expect it is just that the data sent from the app is inaccurate.
    It seems odd that it can add 12 minutes to 2.30 and get 13.30, but hey ho.
    I’ll see if a garmin produces equally bizarre results at the weekend

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘strava borked?’ is closed to new replies.