Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Strava, barewith barewith.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Strava, how do you report a segment?

An incident occurred during a charity ride. Basically a very modest ride took a short lane through a working farm.
    During the duration of the ride the farmer moved his stock from a field for milking.
    Most saw this as an opportunity to stop, chat and watch proceedings. But a small group shot through. Longshot is chaos ensued and cows couldn’t be milked (I’m no farmer, not sure about all that).
    The incident happened last summer, but it’s been raised again.
    No one thought of Strava at the time, but that was pointed out today and sure as hell it is a segment.
    Pretty sure darwinism will catch up with the guilty, but it would be nice if we could say we’ve done something about it.
    I’m not on Strava BTW.

monkeyboyjc

Ther are loads of segments on strava that use or cross on working farms – most bridleways are on some sort of farm or estate land. Its down to the individual how they act on these trails.
    However id have thought it pretty irresponsible of the charity ride organisers not to have at least spoken to the farmer and at least warned the participants of the working farm that they would be crossing. Sounds like the incident doest have much to do with strava.

jonba
    Free Member

You need to have ridden it, then there is an option to flag a trail. Not sure why this is the fault of Strava though. People behave like dicks in all walks of life all the time – some of them will ride bikes. Just because someone was riding fast and irresponsibly does not mean that it is the fault of Strava.

oldgit
    Free Member

Fair point. I suppose if you are lucky enough to know the lane, you’d not risk it. I’d say it’s not an ideal lane to ‘cycle furiously’ on.
    Still what happened really spoiled things.

oldgit
    Free Member

Sorry my fault, I thought a segment was somehow flagged up on your device as you rode along thus encouraging people to have a go at it.

oldgit
    Free Member

And before I get my coat, the speed is that average or max? Because I’d struggle to drive that fast along it.

crazy-legs

The speed shown on a segment is average.

To flag a segment, you need to have ridden it, there’s then an option on your dashboard to flag it and a drop down list of reasons why you’re reporting it.

Strava immediately remove it but there’s nothing to stop it being created again…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Strava, barewith barewith.’ is closed to new replies.