Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Strava. Anyone else using??
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Just downloaded it yesterday, not had chance to use it yet. Anyone in here know how it works to time the sections??

cynic-al
    Free Member

comes up a few times every week, try a search.

DickBarton

Me…

No idea, I think it is automatic. I’m sure I get an option to create segments but not tried yet.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheDoctor
    Free Member

Seems to be all the rage at the moment

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/strava-adiction

Dibbs
    Free Member

Just out of interest, I consider my commute to be resonably hard, but how does it compare with others?

http://app.strava.com/rides/6326458#

scaredypants

Dibbs, I consider your commute to be bloody fantastic, though I barely know the area

backtothetop
    Free Member

no.i know im faster then the rest of you so no need to prove it online.

I dont really think that, just adjusting my attitude to that of other stw users.

wrightyson
    Free Member

There will always be people faster uphill than me as I’m tramming ever closer to 40 but as I say to all the lads out on various rides, see you at the bottom 😉

crikey
    Free Member

After they’ve waited for you at the top?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Of course. This is stw after all and no one on here is actually “any good” at riding, especially me!!

derekrides
    Free Member

I use it, can’t link or it would give away my secret identity, it replaced trail guru, which has just vanished taking all my previous ride data with it, it was pretty much the same thing without the competitive element Strava brings.
    One ride I’m suddenly 2nd fastest up this particular hill, (i’d gotten off to put the dog on the lead so it’s pretty sad, but i’ve created a couple of sections, and bloody nearly killed myself doing this downhill the other night trying to set a pace worthy of being a ‘section’ so I’m not so sure it’s a good thing.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I have found some with a minus percentage grade so am assuming they are downhills? If so, it’s in an area of almost certain hospital visits if one was to push it! Most of the stuff does seem to be road climbs tho!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

SEE PREVIOUS THREAD!!!!
    It got to 5 pages all answered and more arguments about up and downhill sections that you can imagine (even for this place!)

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I’ve just started using this myself, finding it handy to keep an eye on my own fitness and times, a lot of the segments locally seem to be short road sections so I’m segmenting parts of my own mtb rides to see if I improve, this is easy to do online once you’ve uploaded your route, when you click on your route there’s something you can click on to create a segment then next time you ride that route it’ll automatically time you, although I wouldn’t say it’s always going to be accurate due to losing signal sometimes.

njee20
    Free Member

Just out of interest, I consider my commute to be resonably hard, but how does it compare with others?

It’s 1/3 the length of mine, slow, and just about qualifies for ‘hilly’ by my usual definition of 100ft/mile. And you need to sort your cadence. I’d say that’s a pleasant commute, not tough. Is that what you wanted to know? 🙂

pete68
    Free Member

Downloaded app to my phone and used it on the road bike the other day. Memorized some segments and did a loop to take them in. Surprised to get KOM on the 2 I did. One only had 6 people on the times but the other had 53. My ride was somewhat curtailed by my cranks falling off though!

Dibbs
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback njee, I’m a lot slower than I used to be but I will 55 next month and 12 hour shifts with an hours commute each way doesn’t get any easier. I’ll try and work on my cadence 😀

IanMunro
    Free Member

Just had a look at the site, and noticed that various other people were KOM on segments finishing pretty much at my house.
    That’s not going to last 🙂

scaredypants

IanMunro – Member

“fire up the vespa”

IanMunro
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Strava. Anyone else using??’ is closed to new replies.