Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Strava
  • covertbaz
    Free Member

It may have been asked and answered before, so apologies in advance if it has

But how do you add your own sections to Strava? For example if I go to Swinley Forest and track my ride a number of different sections come up that times are posted against, but if I go out and do my own little local loop there’s nothing other than the total ride time.

I’d like to be able to have a couple of sections I could then use for training purposes, but short of doing a lot of stop starting with Strava I can’t think of another way?

alibongo001

There is an option within strava to make a part of any ride you have done into a segment.

You just need to let it know the start and end of the area you want and give is a subtley obtuse name!

trail_rat
    Free Member

open strava on your computer

open your route

look on the right hand side for a button that says “create segment”

press it

create segment

save it

aidso
    Free Member

Go into your ride/run and on the RHS there’s a button called “Actions”. Select “New Segment” and use the markers to set where you want your segment to start and finish.
    When you publish it, it might take a while for it to populate the table.

AndyRT
    Free Member

What we need are more sections in Swinley. There simply are not enough!

covertbaz
    Free Member

Perfect thanks all, thought there must be a way

atlaz
    Free Member

Friend of mine did a 23km loop at Swinley; 47 segments. Seems a bit much.

jam-bo

Just remember to ignore strava when it tells you a similar segment already exists. That’s what everyone else does…

trail_rat
    Free Member

i did 8km along an old railway line and got 8 or 9 KOMS…..thanks to the segment addict it looked impressive in the dashboard- then i realised there was 1 for almost every Km and an overall. the world needs more segments !!!!!

Aidan
    Free Member

I had 71 “achievements” on Tuesday’s night-ride. Some popular areas are drowning in Strava segments.

Aidan
    Free Member

PS that wasn’t a willy-wave, most of them were relative to my own performance when conditions weren’t so dry not hard-man KOMs.

trail_rat
    Free Member

you werent riding with mark (goldie) were you – he had a similar ride recently … like 400 billion achievements in 1 relitively short ride

molgrips
    Free Member

I got 12th out of 252 on a 2 mile segment today, I’m pleased with this. It’s even uphill!

Sui
    Free Member

too many segments – ah yes, this will be the curse of the Strava KOM hunter, who will do whatever it takes to achieve his goal

molgrips
    Free Member

My mate has posted several KOMs.. I was jealous until I looked and there were only three other times posted.

Jason
    Free Member

I found out the other day that you hide segments in Strava (I too was getting 100’s from a Swinley ride) On the ride page each segment has an option to hide it. Once you hide it doesn’t show up after a ride or give you any awards, although you still show up in the leader board of that segment. If you want to you can still view it by showing hidden segments.

nick1962
    Free Member

Someone under the moniker CMBC-(Calderdale Mountain Bike Club possibly?)has cluttered the routes round here with lots of segments that don’t even register a distance and are all about 10 seconds long.
    If you’re reading please delete them.

molgrips
    Free Member

I accidentally left Strava running in the car, and completed a segment. I was 252/263.. there were temporary traffic lights 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Strava’ is closed to new replies.