Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Strathpuffer live updates – Who are you following?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Whilst better cyclists than me are battling it out in the Frozen North I’ll be following events back home with a nice coffee and the TV on in the background.

I’ll be looking out for :-

Jason Miles (Terrahawk) Team JMC – Solo – 1st single speed last year, 5th overall. Podium finish in the past. SS again and hoping for minging weather so that other people suffer transmission freeze.

David Powell (Twinklydave) Team JMC – Solo – Only person to have done every ‘Puffer (IIRC) and crashed out whilst in the lead last year. Multiple podiums, never won it. Gone up early to film some stuff with The Adventure Show.

Guy Martin – Hairy TT Legend and tea drinker. Sharing a pit with Jason and Dave because he is bringing a big generator (a petrol driven beauty according to him).

Phil Simcock and Andrew Burgess Team JMC – (Pairs) – Phil won the solo last year and smashed the West Highland Way double a couple of months back.

Brant and Shaggy – (Pairs) – Shaggy knows what he is doing, Brant has bought some new tyres and is trying to get hold of a bike.

Entry list here

https://www.sientries.co.uk/list.php?event_id=868&id=956

Who are you looking out for?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ill mostly be looking out for my team mates to hand them the dibber 😉 while shouting obscenitys at dave and jase !

hambl90
    Free Member

Where can I watch this ?

ton

all good, i like to keep check on the folk off here.

Harry_the_Spider

Where can I watch this ?

You can follow the lap times live from the SiEntries website. It’ll be on TV in a few weeks.

hambl90
    Free Member

Ok thanks

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Huw, Oli (simply_oli_y) and Luke (Munrobiker) racing as Team Chris Bell Racing and Chris Bell Racing 2.

I’d follow them and wish them well anyway, but it’s all the emotional after the tragic events last weekend.

May they fly like the wind.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Whatnobeer +1

trout
    Free Member

Will be following Brant and Shaggy cos Brant just collected a couple of Spidereyes
    on hismway up norther

Northwind

I’ll be watching the Chris Bell Racing guys and the I-cycles team (if only to find out if it’ll be safe to go in the shop next week). But good to know who the other forumists are! All absolutely nuts.

RustyMac

terry, is that singlespeeddan in your group?

As well as the Chris Bell Racing guys I’ll also be watching this pair of retrobates as one of them is a cosin of mine – Team Shaky Allstars

youngrob

I’ll be following Mojo Chillin’ and the teams from Alpine and i-cycles.

Good luck chaps.

soobalias
    Free Member

the mlehworld boys, nobody else matters.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Getting to the race is the first step. Drumochter is starting to fill in so getting up and over this part of the A9 is something you might want to think about doing a little sooner than later. Once past Drumochter the road is pretty clear all the way to Strathpeffer/Contin.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ll be keeping an eye on the Muckyriderz from Glenrothes in the fours. Gronk did really well in the solos last years as endurance race virgin, as a foursome they should be pretty strong. My local riding buddy Murr is riding in the pairs too, nae idea of what his team name is though.

GregMay
    Free Member

Go on Phil and Andrew! Lets see if that training I set you pays off 🙂

reedspeed
    Free Member

Guy Martins doin it!.

brant
    Free Member

The a9 was a lot of fun. Left Hebden at 930, went via trouties and rolled into pufferville at 5pm.

I’ve signed on. Shaggy and Mel are in a camper with shaggys dad below Perth doing 30mph so I’m off to find my tea.

You’ll be able to see mine and shaggys lap times and though there is no indication whose is which it should be quite easy to spot.

Oh. Shaggy is riding an on-one Fatty. I’m on a Lurcher with a 2deg slackset, 100mm rebas, spikey schwalbes, singlespeeded 32:19.

flashes
    Free Member

go Shaggy………….

Diane
    Free Member

Maris, Luigi and Bowser. Alpine. Scottish Youth Team . I Cycles and the above I guess. Makes for a good night in hehe.

BTW Keith Forsyth (I Cycles) gets to compete whilst his son Ben Forsyth (Scottish Youth Riders) competes too – how cool is that 😀

glupton1976
    Free Member

To be honest it doesn’t really matter how Huw, Oli, Luke and Pete get on. They’ve won their race by what they’ve done this week.

I’ll keep any eye on the usual suspects though.

swavis

I’m heading up tomorrow with the camera, I’ll mostly be with the Mleh boys & girls, Luke, Oli, Devs, Roberta & co.
    I’m planning on spending quit a bit of time getting photo’s as I’ve got an all day pass and no O/H moaning about cold feet 😉

bedmaker

Im following brant and epicyclo as dawn breaks. I’ll be expecting the dueling pistols to be drawn over ‘dissectiongate’ 😉

brant
    Free Member

I’d love to catch up with Epi and explain (again) what I meant when I said I found it odd.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

I’ll be following the guy in front.

epicyclo

brant – Member
    I’d love to catch up with Epi …

No need, it’s ok, but say g’day anyway.

I’ll be on a Pug with huge red mudguards so I’ll be easy to spot, especially as I’ll be living up to the team name “Square Wheels Bike Walking Club”.

frazered
    Free Member

what time does it start?

Mantastic
    Free Member

When is it on TV?

wisepranker
    Free Member

what time does it start?

Started at 10am.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Looking out for the Chris Bell Racing/mleh/moray mbc people’s.
    They are lucky as they have Roberta as pit queen looking after them. This is my first year not doing it apart from the inaugural puffer, so feeling a bit… Left out.

Ho hum, ride like the wind people!!! X

Harry_the_Spider

3 hours in

Solo

1st Dave Powell 6 laps
    3rd Jason Miles 6 laps
    5th Guy Martin 5 laps

Pairs

3rd Andrew & Phil 6 laps
    10th Brant & Shaggy 5 laps

Twitter updates from Brant, Phil and Andrew

@shedfire

@spillippe

@Budge_Team_JMC

martinxyz
    Free Member

what happened to solo 2nd and 4th?^ and all the other placing in between for that matter? lol

Well I am watching out for Chris Pitblado and Alek Rozin in the solo’s. Riding it together right now but I’d expect them to eventually catch up with the likes of Guy by the end of the race. (someone tell him to ease off a bit!)

Also keeping an eye on Epicyclo and locals to Strathpeffer, Andrew & Ross both riding solo.

Basically all the soloists. The 24hr racers.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

How long are the laps? Looks maybe 8km from the map.

Harry_the_Spider

what happened to solo 2nd and 4th?^ and all the other placing in between for that matter?

I’m not following them. Feel free to post up whatever you like.

7 hours in

Solo

1st Dave
    2nd Jason
    3rd Tim Mackley (just for you 😉 )
    4th Guy Martin

Pairs

4th Phil/Budge
    8th Brant/Shaggy

brant
    Free Member

Jase is very close to 2nd.
    Shaggy is out now. I have the honour of our teams fastest and slowest laps so far 🙂
    Just had two pot noodles and a big handful of pills and am off out with Trouties spidereyes shortly.

boxelder

Matt Martindale SS solo

Cyclewise quad

Both in 5th at moment. Confident Matt won’t slow down – watch out Guy (gears or not)

Harry_the_Spider

and a big handful of pills

😯

naffrider
    Free Member

Watching pretty much the same as you HtS!

Go Twinkly Dave. Seriously, if he can make it to a 24hrSolo without being either ill (like at relentless) or injured (like now, at puffer) and not crash during (like at the worlds or puffer last year) he would not just beat, but destroy just about everyone!

Not sure he was at the first in 06 mind, won by Jean-Claude VanDerveken on a SS, I was supporting that year and was bloody freezing for the most part. Was helping support two soloers and remember a kid coming up and asking whether we were a sweet shop due to the fine array of good nutrition to keep them going! ha.

Also, Jase on a SS, hope he makes it through with his back dying again, looking good so far!

Love this live updates jazz!

brant
    Free Member

Shaggy has hauled us up to 7th. JMC pairs gang back up to 3rd.
    I’m off out shortly so lord knows what’ll happen.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Strathpuffer live updates – Who are you following?’ is closed to new replies.