Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Strathpuffer Help concerning car parking logistics etc.
  • marionheck
    Free Member

Morning,

So I got the email from them, but to me it is a little unclear.

My understanding is that we are allowed one vehicule on site, others to be parked 3 miles away. we are allowed to ferry stuff to this 1 vehicule to start with then the other cars must be off.

where do we pirch tents etc?

Any other info greatly appreciated about the event. the info I feel is a little sparse.

Cheers

Dave

twinklydave

if it’s the same as it was in ’07 (i’m pretty sure it will be) there’ll be “just about enough” room next to the course (and around the car park) at torachilty wood to set up tents…but it’ll be crampt to say the least

i think a lot of the organisation is “suck it and see” this time…

marionheck
    Free Member

did it in 06 , so don’t knwo of the 07 set up.

will it be cramped? is there not much room, was going to bring a big tent with me.

jojoA1
    Free Member

As TD says, there’s camping space around the Forestry Commission car park, but it’s limited. in 07 they had caravans, motorhomes and vans alongside the course going up the fireroad at the start and there were limited camping spaces just off the fireroad if you are creative and don’t have huge tents. The camping area was pretty Glastonbury-esque with barely space to put a foot down between tents.

There is a level-ish layby/wider part in the fireroad after the first two corners on the start climb that can be used to pitch tents, but it’s pretty hard ground so take a mallet for yer pegs.
    Lets pray for cold dry weather 🙂

jojoA1
    Free Member

Major tip is to get there early on Friday and ‘bagsy’ a good spot.

twinklydave

well I’m taking a big tent anyway :-), but yes, it will be close – crossed guy lines and all that…

marionheck
    Free Member

Jo JO,

when you say early, what time you tlaking here – 5am? 😉

jojoA1
    Free Member

Sneak in to the carpark under cover of darkness after swimming the river with your kit on your back.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Strathpuffer Help concerning car parking logistics etc.’ is closed to new replies.