Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Stranger on the bridge.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Anyone else watch?
    Caught the last 40 mins of it, I don’t do twitter so missed the “campaign” etc.
    Very humbling. I’ll be the first to admit I’m a bit “oh get on with it” when it comes to mental health, (apologies I know) I watched with the kids and the chat we had we had was “I hope they would do as I would do in a situation like that” which would be help the person who just needed someone at that moment.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’ll be the first to admit I’m a bit “oh get on with it” when it comes to mental health

May I ask why? Get on with what?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Life. Think it’s the way I was brought up. I clearly know it’s not as black and white as that or I wouldn’t have posted on such a subject. I would never walk by someone in a situation like he was in, in fact I’d be upset if I wasn’t the first to reach out and help. I just don’t have the tools to understand why they feel like that I suppose.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Thanks for your reply. It was Ian Maclaren who said “be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle”. Sometimes people don’t know how to just get on with it. Or maybe their distress is them getting on with it. As you say, rarely is it black or white.

grizedaleforest

Very pleased to have watched it – it was, as you say, humbling. Jonny is an admirable man and Neil (‘Mike’) came across as simply such a decent, nice person.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stranger on the bridge.’ is closed to new replies.