Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Strange sleeping bag question
  • hilton83
    Free Member

If I have two sleeping bags with a lower comfort temperature limit of -5c and I put one inside the other does that give me a sleeping bag with a -10 lower limit? I’m guessing it might but if that’s so and I have two sleeping bags with 0 degree lower limits and put one inside the other what would that produce?

bencooper
    Free Member

A portal into the demon dimensions.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

A big sleeping bag 🙂

I’m sure my son did this question in a recent maths exam, I’ll ask him.

cynic-al
    Free Member

well your -5 allows you to sleep at -5 and you need to be about 38, so that’s 43 degrees of insulation.

2 x 43 = 86 so adding them together means you’ll be able to sleep at -48 degrees, obviously 😛

Seriously, I had a combi kit with 2 bags, I think they are rated 1.5 and 2.5 seasons and together they were meant to add to 4 season.

druidh
    Free Member

Your point of reference is incorrect. Recalculate using Absolute Zero as your baseline.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Work it out with the temperature in Kelvin instead then 0 isn’t a problem? 😛

I’m pretty sure you can’t just add up the numbers as it’s about the insulation levels, but I’ve no idea how you’d actually work it out – sorry!

stratobiker
    Free Member

No because each bag requires it’s ‘space’ to work.
    SB

Alini
    Free Member

No help at all, but this is the best question I’ve seen asked on here for ages! 😉

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

If I put one big pair of Nikes over another pair, will I run faster?

druidh
    Free Member

That’s pretty much it. The inner sleeping bag won’t loft if it is compressed by the outer.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Should be ok with a buffalo bag though

swavis

druidh – Member

The inner sleeping bag won’t loft if it is compressed by the outer.

would a good fart not do it?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Strange sleeping bag question’ is closed to new replies.