Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Strange Road sign
  • sierrakilo
    Free Member

Out and about in East Sussex today we’ve seen a few of these signs…..no idea what they are supposed to indicate ……anyone got a scooby ?

Road Sign

matt_outandabout

Sunflower farm this way?

jonnyboi

They’re unofficial, so my random guess is a Marie curie charity event

allthepies
    Free Member

Black hole ahead ?

(no image appears for me).

scaredypants

caution – smog zone ahead

sparkyrhino

Welcome to Scarfolk, we are watching you.

sirromj

Can’t tell image is too low-res for my eyes.

lunar
    Free Member

Possibly signing a Wild flower verge; probably managed by the council or local biodiversity group!

Phil_H

Triffids?

shermer75
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Councils sometimes use colored disks like that to discourage deer and other wildlife from crossing or hanging around the road.

blader1611
    Free Member

Egg white free zone.

sierrakilo
    Free Member

Saw several ……..would seem like the councils are not that strapped for cash if they can put these up !

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well, in Hampshire there are a lot of verge signs designating flora and fauna and they don’t look like that at all….

Poopscoop

A Brexit free nirvana this way?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

would seem like the councils are not that strapped for cash if they can put these up !

Depends, have you seen the mess a grown deer will do to a car and it’s occupants?

sierrakilo
    Free Member

yes I’ve seen quite a few Deer Strikes and have always been concerned when on a motorbike…..but how do these signs work ????

gregsd
    Free Member

They’re wildlife verges:

Wildlife verges
    We have selected verges across the county known as wildlife verges, which have been identified as having wildlife of particular interest. Roadside verges can provide a habitat for many rare species of wildflowers and mammals, which need to be protected.

To help maintain these habitats we make sure that we do not normally cut our Wildlife verges between 1 March and 31 August. This allows for the wildflowers to seed.

The wildlife verges are marked with small yellow indicators. These help our grass cutting team to identify them correctly.

Poopscoop

Well, never knew that.

I know some of the rarest plants we have in the UK now only survive on a few grass verges in particular spots in the UK.

One plant is on one single grass verge in Wales and that’s it.

Its all a bit sad really. 🙁

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Well that’s my new fact of the day and I’ve only been up just over 30mins, as regards wildlife verges!

rOcKeTdOg

Those flowers are wild? Bloody furious more like #NTNON

sierrakilo
    Free Member

Thanks gregsd !

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Strange Road sign’ is closed to new replies.