Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Straight steerers, 26" wheels… lets see your 'old fashioned' bikes then…
  • Simon

My new to me obsolete bike. Looking forward to riding it at Bike Park Wales this Saturday.

taggart303
    Free Member

26 in wheels, straight steerer, 2×9 and tiny 710mm bars!

… but still great fun. 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

INKLEINED

Klein Adept Race-2000 Shod with winter wheelset

Klunk
    Free Member

in no hurry to change it

core

Just gathering the parts for a Scandal 29er build……. As my n+1

joshvegas
    Free Member

Old steel
    Skinny tubes

Brand new.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Cove Hummer by South Downs MTB Skills, on Flickr

Don’t ride it all that much these days, but it’s the “keeper” out of my bikes

_tom_
    Free Member

willej

26″ wheels, 2.1″ tyres, 1 1/8″ steerer, 25.4mm bars and stem, hex key seat post clamp, skinny Tange Prestige, flat but sweepy bars, QR hubs, but 1×9:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nXq5GR]IMG_20140613_190006[/url] by will jenkins, on Flickr

NormalMan

Really nice bike Will.

renton
    Free Member

Here is mine ……..

hilldodger
    Free Member

Tiny wheels, tiny bars, front mech, straight tubes and steerer, 9 speed
    Total fail 😛

Gachet
    Free Member

It’s got wide bars and a 1 x 10 drivetrain, but everything else is out of fashion, especially as it’s not made from Reynolds tubing or a Cotic!

dannyh
    Free Member

456 evo 2. Running 1×10, but otherwise outdated! I love this bike.

[/url] image by Danny H 456 rider, on Flickr[/img]

scotroutes

Please forgive the 15mm front axle (others seem to have overlooked this from the OP too)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nNv9k7]P1010255[/url] by ScotRoutes, on Flickr

Ben_H

I decided to sit-out the wheel size debate last year – and gave my 2010 Mk2 Cotic Soul a makeover:

Re-sprayed in autumn 2013 from black to two-pack white by Argos.

Sporting a custom pewter head badge, with new decals from Cotic and Reynolds. I also gave the 2010 Fox F120 forks (bought heavily discounted but new in 2013) and DT rims new 2013/14 decals at the same time.

Now rolling on 2.4 Mountain Kings, but otherwise as per pic: XT/R, with Hope and Thomson where it matters.

I keep being attracted to 27/29/generally more “rad” options, but then realise that most of them are very small variations on what I already have or would be too much for my needs. 🙂

I really should have had a 1.5 head tube stuck on though…

P20

Ritchey P20 by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

And unfortunately this… Wor lasses Nicolai

Nicolai Helius CC by ahsatb, on Flickr

matt_outandabout

Garage full of out of date, boring bikes…but one is a 1.5″ steerer, does that count 😉

2006 Specialized Hardrock Sport by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

devash
    Free Member

Unfashionable wheels, straight steerer, 3X9, tubed Panaracers, non-adjustable seatpost, QR rear and I still have loads of fun on it! 😀

aracer
    Free Member

I have a really old hardtail with a 1992 frame, but we’re presumably after modern bikes which have been obsoleted by changing standards, so here’s my ultimate bling bike. When I built this up in 2007 I thought it would last for many years as my ultimate bike.

No seat QR, but no dropper post either I’ve just always ridden full height. However it does have 26″ wheels, straight 1 1/8″ steerer (it is ZS, so in theory I have the option of tapered), QR wheels, 3×9, narrow flat bars (~560 in the pic, now 600), bar ends, 2.1 tyres.

cardo

Tiny little wheels, 2×9, piddly little 140 forks and a skinny seat tube.. My blue filing cabinet has clocked up over 500 miles this year, was my more than capable steed around Molini and I love it just as much as I did 4 years ago when I bought it.

rustler
    Free Member

My trusty commuter.

IMAG2673 by pten2106, on Flickr

NormalMan

@ devash. Love that Camber colour scheme (colorway as they prefer!) compared to my 26er Expert.

unovolo
    Free Member

Started life as a Saracen Kili Racer circa 1993 with a poorly Headtube.

After a bit of surgery and removal of some unnecessary bits, fresh powdercoat and decals has been brought back to life.
    I like to think of it as Nouveau Retro, old fashioned looks with new tech rolled in,such as 1×10 drivetrain, Carbon bars and other lightweight bits,Disc up front and Avid V brake at the rear.

Mackem

Chumba HX1

chored
    Free Member

My 2008 Kona Caldera, straight steerer, 26″ wheels, QR front and back. Rebuilt as an completely inappropriate commuter.

Furrner
    Free Member

This bike turns eleven in November, still quite a few original components.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

26″
    straight steerer
    27.2mm seatpost
    3×9 gears*

New to me 4 months ago and it’ll be mine until either it breaks or, more likely, I do.

*although Father Christmas will hopefully make it 1×10, N/W + clutch mech.

lexinoo
    Free Member

Voodoo wanga yesterday at Cannock chase

robdob
    Free Member

Might have something that fits in this thread…

1991 Haro Extreme

robdob
    Free Member

Being ridden in N Yorks.

1992 GT Tequesta

Being ridden down back of Mam Tor

Dave Lloyd Beez Kneez

My pride and joy: 1994 Kona Kilauea

Tange Prestige Concept. You don’t need to know how much this decal cost me to buy during the bike resto.

2009 Pitch Pro. My newest bike. Probably best to skip this as it’s not 650b and those top 10 strava downhill results must be wrong.

ks562
    Free Member

Just rebuilt her, my pride and joy

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Currently in the shed –

None of the above get used all that often now although until early this year the Cannondale and the Tinbred were my main bikes. I’ve added a couple “modern” bikes this year and I have to say really enjoying them so the older bikes aren’t getting used as much. I have a 27.5 geared carbon hardtail and a 29er rigid single speed. The wheel size does make some difference but the biggest change/benefit for me is the more modern geometry.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Some very nice bikes here, especially Unovolos’ Saracen!
    Here’s my other-halfs’ Kona Kilauea; it’s been sat in the shed since May, so decided to give it a revamp.

I removed all the cable barrels and stops and silver-brazed on full outer barrels, plus some headtube rings to add a bit of strength there.

I know it doesn’t fit the thread exactly, but I’ve been riding it to work and I forgot just how nice it was!

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Straight steerers, 26" wheels… lets see your 'old fashioned' bikes then…’ is closed to new replies.