Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Storm Thorgerson RIP
  • enfht
    Free Member

Hugely talented, had a massive influence on me and many others. RIP

mrblobby
    Free Member

Sad news indeed. An amazing legacy to leave behind though.

binners

An utter creative genius! In a refreshingly bonkers way

It doesn’t get much better than that really. Some truly iconic stuff! He was a massive influence. Very sad 🙁

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Another brick in our cultural wall gone.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

An utter creative genius!

That pretty much says it all.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Wish you were here, best album cover of all time.

binners

Its the ambition of his work that’s staggering! Before the days where you could photoshop or CGI stuff, he would put such a huge amount of work in to constructing what were effectively theatre sets, just to then just capture one stunning visual image. That’s commitment

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Cool name as well.

If that’s his real name… maybe he got “creative genius” from his parents?

Born with it or acquired … his talent not his name … Nature or nurtured

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Before the days where you could photoshop or CGI stuff

Yes. That’s actually a stunt man who is actually on fire.

grievoustim
    Free Member

Got this 2nd hand for a quid the other day – picture doesn’t really do its gatefold glory justice

bentandbroken

Yes. That’s actually a stunt man who is actually on fire.

I thought that was a sarcastic comment at first, but a bit of help from Google and I am educated 🙂

jimster
    Free Member

Sad news indeed…

WYWH has amazing photography, the fella doing a handstand in the lake until the ripples had disappated.

CountZero

Very sad at his passing, his art and design genius pretty much illustrated the soundtrack to my life through the 70’s and 80’s.
    What a legacy to leave behind, though.

ampthill

Great excuse to show Dark Side of the moon’s album cover to students at work.

Actually all very relevant. Uppers are doing chromatic aberration and lowers are doing refraction

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Ironically the cover of Pink Floyd’s Animals album, which most of the obits are using to illustrate his work, wasn’t his idea. Thorgerson made some proposals to the band for the album cover but they didn’t like any of them. Roger Waters pedalled round south London on his bike taking photos and took some photos of Battersea power station and came up with the idea of flying a pig over it as a symbol of hope. Hipgnosis then agreed to stage the shoot. Thorgerson later included the Animals album cover in a book of Hipgnosis artwork and Waters fell out with him as it was his idea. Waters never worked with him again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Storm Thorgerson RIP’ is closed to new replies.