• This topic has 51 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by NZCol.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Storm
  • badnewz
    Free Member

It will be an interesting commute this morning. One hell of a gale blowing in East England.

Drac

Rather unsurprisingly it’s come to nothing here.

martinhutch

SFA up here in North Yorkshire. After the forecasts yesterday morning, I was expecting trampoline-a-geddon. Unusual for them to get the track wrong so close to the event.

slackalice
    Free Member

It’s as windy here in Norfolk as Windy.com said it would be i.e. blowing a hoolie in the old nautical vernacular 😯

rOcKeTdOg

Blew my bedroom window open at 4am and woke me up!

Klunk
    Free Member

blew next doors fence down. gusted to 74 mph here

allthepies
    Free Member

Went to station, saw trains cancelled, came back home.

funkmasterp

It’s just wet and a bit cold here in Macclesfield. So business as usual. No snowmaggedon. I think really windy is the only weather type I don’t like cycling in.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Two trees, four candles and some hoes, no o’s on the line. No trains

30m drive to other line. Took three others. None offered to contribute to parking at new station which was a bit ungrateful

Standing room only. The joy of commuting.

wilburt
    Free Member

Fence is gone, lazy buggers wheelie bins are all over the place, further a field roads closed, trees down.

martinhutch

Which lines are shut? My missus is currently heading towards that London from Leeds (or not.)

jugheaddave
    Free Member

Just spoke to the missus in Halesworh, (I am currently in a scorching hot South Africa) blown the roof off of the shed, and gate off it hinges.

Is that the landlords responsibility to repair, or ours?

martinhutch

Landlord’s

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Blowing a gale here in the Sarf Coast.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Even though we had “don’t drive after 9pm” warnings, been nothing here in Edinburgh.
    Leisurely cycle to uni today.

Nice up Arthur’s Seat yesterday though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

55-60mph on the coast, normal westerly front coming through then.

kayak23

Had to get up at 4am and move a wheelbarrow. WindyMcWindface in Warwickshire.
    Eerily still at 6am though.

kimbers

A good day for fence panel sellers in Milton Keynes

parkesie
    Free Member

Bins all over the place here

shermer75
    Free Member

A bit rainy but generally calm and quite warm here in Auckland

votchy
    Free Member

4 trees down at various points on my drive in this morning so must have been windy overnight, fortunately I slept like a log and heard nothing 😀

richmars

Couple of trees down on my way into Cambridge, but nice tail wind for me on the bike. Hope it drops before home time.

molgrips
    Free Member

Judging by the noise at night in our pretty well sound-insulated house, one of the most sustained windy nights I can remember since living here.

hodgynd
    Free Member

About an inch of snow in the North Tyne Valley ..0c.and the snow is crunchy .
    Nowhere near the 5-6″ forecast and no wind to speak of ..

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Blowing a gale here in the early hours, now almost dead calm and blue skies.

stumpy01

Up by 4am because the wind was so loud. I was awake anyway but then our daughter woke up too, so we were downstairs with a cuppa by about 4:30.
    Lots of wheelie bin carnage down are road and plenty of routes are truck because of trees down.

I’m on a first aid course in Peterborough today and sailed in (not literally). So early in fact I have treated myself to a McDs brekkie…

jekkyl

I’ll be making a trip to Wickes later for some new shed roof felt and some stronger tacks.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Ample reward Stumpy.. 😀

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s as windy here in Norfolk as Windy.com said it would be

Yeah, but Notwindy.com said it wouldn’t be.

So how are we supposed to know.

wiggles
    Free Member

Kept me up at night with all the noise went on for hours and my wheelie bin was blown over… That must be some kind of universal measurement for **** windy

MoreCashThanDash

Some trees down around Mansfield blocking roads apparently.

Might be deliberate, mind, to keep them up there.

scud
    Free Member

I’m in West Norfolk and we’ve had 9 trees down just in my village, route to work in Norwich was interesting with 30 metre long taking up the first lane of the A47, but all i can think is…woodstore will be restocked at weekend!

windyg
    Free Member

South Norfolk, apparently lines and trees down everywhere. I’ve been busying sorting my own stuff out, rabbit hutch over 3 rabbits running about scared in their pen. Fence panels started to get a bit wobbly so all fixed, trim off conservatory secured back on. Might now go to work and sort everybody else’s problems out.

nedrapier

Trees on the line. Trains cancelled. Back to bed for a commute’s worth of sleep. WFH.

badnewz
    Free Member

A self-proclaimed amateur meteorologist on Mumsnet predicted it on Sunday evening, whilst the Beeb didn’t see it coming at all.

scruff
    Free Member

I let the dog out at 4am, had to lean on the door to close it, bit like a wind powered poltergeist pushing on it from the other side.

Coyote
    Free Member

Just checked outside and one of our pots has blown over. #staystrong

IdleJon

A self-proclaimed amateur meteorologist on Mumsnet predicted it on Sunday evening, whilst the Beeb didn’t see it coming at all.

I don’t claim to be even an amateur meteorologist, but if you can follow a synoptic map and use some common sense then you can often get a far better weather forecast than the BBC provides.

brakes
    Free Member

#thoughtsandprayers to all the wheelie bin owners out there.
    we had bin day yesterday so all the bins were empty = more bin carnage but less rubbish strewn.

cinnamon_girl

And there’s a lone wolf on the loose in Berkshire. 😯 Didn’t bother him!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Storm’ is closed to new replies.