Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Storing winter boots
  • shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

My Shimano MW81’s have done me well over the ‘winter’ but just wondering if I should treat them with anything prior to storing them for the next 6 months. Dubbin? Any other suggestions?

bradley
    Free Member

Just shove ’em in the cupboard man. You storage an MX bike or a car or a motorbike if your not using them for months on end but shoes…nah mate.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

That was my initial thought but I’m tight and they were pricey! If looking after them properly gets an additional year out them it’ll be worth it.

bradley
    Free Member

Thats fair enough. My walking boots are still currently covered in caked on mud from the pits at the last MX event I attended…keep meaning to send them through the wash.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I just give mine a once over with some washing up liquid and water, dry them and put them in the cupboard until the next season. This current pair are three years old. The uppers are synthetic afaik so there is nothing to go mouldy.

stumpyjon

I just wear mine all year around, no storage problems.

tandemwarriors

Storing?
    Here in Argyll they are worn for all 12 months!!!

CheesybeanZ

Its early April , you’ll need them by the end of the month 🙁

devash
    Free Member

As CheesybeanZ says. Wouldn’t surprise me if we get snow by the end of May. 😆

Drac

Brush them down and then a wet cloth with just water to wipe them clean, stuff them with newspaper and put them somewhere safe.

Or do what I do with my Northwave Winter boots and just leave them caked in mud in the bike shoe box in the garage.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Use my winter boots all year inc Spanish riding holidays.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Storing winter boots’ is closed to new replies.