Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Storing lego ?
  • renton
    Free Member

My two lads have a lot of lego and the storage box is bursting at the seams !!

We need a new way of storing it in sections if possible.

Do any of you moms or dads have any good ideas on what to use?

cheers

Steve

petergee
    Free Member

How about getting the kids to build some storage boxes out of Lego. I thought at first this was just a smart arse remark…but now I think I might be onto something!

sas78

Love Lego – love the storage box built out of lego idea, it could almost be a work of art!

AlexSimon

We use a large Art Bin (like a fishing storage box) for all the small technical pieces.
    Then loads of those IKEA plywood drawers. (that they don’t make any more).

I would recommend any clear plastic tool/craft drawer solution. But some drawers will have to be quite large.

Stoner
    Free Member

Stoner Jr has several wine bottle crates for his. He’s his daddy’s son and no mistake.

eg:

theteaboy
    Free Member

Be warned, this is a very slippery slope to OCD…

How to organize your Lego bricks for efficient building

AlexSimon

Obviously, this is the setup you should aim for:

New LEGO room panorama by Pepa Quin, on Flickr

Clean for once… by Fazoom, on Flickr

Lots more here:
    http://www.flickriver.com/groups/1043272@N22/pool/interesting/

midlifecrashes

Ours goes in a big crate with a lid bought from Staples. The individual kits with special parts (Aaaargh, that’s not what Lego is about, could rant foe a long time here.) have their bits put in big Ziplock bags before going in their boxes to keep them apart. Got a big supply of really big Ziplock bags from a cannabis farm I inadvertently owned a few years ago.

midlifecrashes

Stoner Jr should bypass the Lego and just build with wine crates.

Northwind

If you can’t go with lots of smaller containers, you want big flat trays- we had a bunch of old wooden bread crate things, about 3 inches deep, stackable… Absolutely perfect.

unklehomered
    Free Member

If only there was some way of combining all the individual bits into one single easily stored and moved bit… Maybe with wheels for ease of transport…

breatheeasy
    Free Member

And don’t throw out the proper lego packaging either – stick them in the loft out the way!

samuri
    Free Member

There’s only one place to store lego.

bernard
    Free Member

Having just spent hours searching the big box of lego to make up all the separate vehicles again I will watch this thread with interest. Was considering building a big draw type thing with dividers (for separate colours etc) that will fix/slide underneath the dining table for storage . Shhhh I sometimes play with the lego when the kids are not here must be the engineer in me. My kids get the hump when I would rather spend time looking for the right colour brick for a vehicle rather than the first one we find

meehaja
    Free Member

surely make one giant cube of lego?

thecrookofdevon

We use the plastic tubs that shops buy sweets in. Locals shop was happy to get rid of some. We then store by colour of lego piece with separate tubs for mini-figures, weapons, very small bits and a box for platforms. Can’t do picture because I am work.

paladin

We Had a small tarpaulin with a drawstring round the edges. Held loads and you could easily spread it out and find the bits you wanted.

STATO
    Free Member

Putting back in the right boxes?

Storing special pieces separate?

BORING!!

Giant box, tip it on the floor when you need a special part. Kids these days.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Ikea Trofast

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/childrens_ikea/18706-2/

Seperate ‘bins’ for different colours/types, etc. Works really well for our youngest

Gary_M
    Free Member

Do any of you moms or dads have any good ideas on what to use?

More storage boxes of varying sizes. Just an idea.

Vern0n
    Free Member

Keep all the little bits in DIY organiser boxes (B&Q own brand are quite reasonable) Or if you want to keep certain sets together, try the Really Useful boxes or tupperware!

Any big ol tub will do for the bigger bricks (unless you like to keep sorted by colour / size etc!)

mark90
    Free Member

Ours is stored in combination of 9L and 4L (same foot print) Really Useful boxes with organiser trays for the small bits/figures/etc

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Storing lego ?’ is closed to new replies.