Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Stoptober
  • tails
    Free Member

Anyone doing this? I just heard about it, so should really give it yet a go yet again. Tabacco really should be a prescription drug by now!

seavers
    Free Member

Like… on the NHS?

tails
    Free Member

No paid for prescription! Can you imagine the anti smokers footing the bill!

dux
    Free Member

Yeah i’m doing it, last had a smoke sunday night. That is the norm for me though, only smoke when i have a drink so wouldn’t have a cig till friday. That will be the test.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I hadnt heard until stoptober until yesterday however I havent had a cigarette in over three weeks now so I think I’m ahead of the game. As above I only smoke when I drink really. However I think the key to stopping is removing the availability and thus temptation. All three of us on site are quitting so the nearest cigarette is 250km away.

Coyote
    Free Member

One of the finest things you will do. Really is a game changer.

charliedontsurf

I have heard of “oct-sober” which is going well, well, I say well, two pints of Guiness. Hardly off my trolley.

Simon

Giving up smoking is easy! I did it loads of times……………..

kayak23

Gave up years ago now and the way to do it is simple.
    Every time you’re going to have a cigarette, don’t….
    🙂

yoshimi

I stopped smoking the herbal cigs about 12 weeks ago after many years, struggled but done now and feel liberated knowing I won’t go back – now time to stop over the counter ones………there just done it, I’m now smoke free 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Goodluck guys and gals. It aint easy but then you’ll see just how powerful a drug it was.

Who is stronger, Philip Morris or you?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

got to be the only drug that gives you nothing but takes your life, tobacco

toby1

It’s not a task I envy – so I wish you luck whatever your reasons for quitting.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Yes let’s all do what the latest nanny campaign tells us to do…

binners

I packed in about 6 weeks ago. I’ve always been a bit premature when it comes to this type of thing

I’ll admit I’ve had a couple of lapses when out having a beer, but I’m not beating myself up about that. Its massive progress.

Good luck y’all!!!

And to anyone who comes on this thread to pontificate, yet again, their tedious and sanctimonious opinions about smoking generally… DON’T!!! it doesn’t help. Quite the reverse.

Aaaaaaaaaaand breathe*

* see what I did there? 😀

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I am planning to give up soon. But not when the goverment tell me to :Do.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

I quit many times, still an addict, but not touched babylon weed for two years, am thinking of giving smack a try, its readily available,and i like the challenge of giving up !

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Yeah my realisation was after nearly 6 month on site smoking in the evenings I got on my bike after not riding for all that time and tried to race downhill. The rattly lungs scared me a bit and I couldnt manage a full run.

If it affects my riding then its time to stop.

willard

My wife is trying, but after a particularly tough day yesterday, caved in. I was not impressed. She really has the will power of a weak-willed thing.

acidchunks

I’m on the electric smokes…lungs are feeling a bit better but I’m still addicted to nicotine….:-/

dux
    Free Member

As for the Government telling me to, load of tosh! I have wanted to give up for a few years and have only ever managed a month before. This stoptober thing has got a few of us at work helping each other to give up. We’ll see what happens, give it another go

fizzicist
    Free Member

Jacked the fags in 12 years ago.

For Stoptober, in support of all you smokers trying to quit, I’m giving up crisps.

I’ve eaten a pack or two a day since I was a kid. It’s really hard!

JulianA
    Free Member

willard – Member
    My wife is trying, but after a particularly tough day yesterday, caved in. I was not impressed. She really has the will power of a weak-willed thing.

Git of the first order.

That is a dreadful thing to say. Have you any idea how tough quitting can be?

I really hope she hasn’t read your post and that you haven’t told her what you think. If you have said anything you deserve to be an ex-husband.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

You will also smell better when giving up smoking.

wallop

Good luck everyone!

I read Allen Carr in January and haven’t smoked since. I’ve learnt in the past – you can’t have “just one” and I think that is what has helped me stay off ’em.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Stoptober’ is closed to new replies.