Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • STOP ME. And help me buy one…….
  • maxtorque

…..set of brakes!!

I know that the latest Shimano brake stuff seems to be the go-choice at the moment, but what flavour? Ignoring cost for the moment, is the Saint stuff significantly better (more powerful?) than the regular XT/XTR setup? And what about durability? Are they robust?

Current fav is Saint M820, but i’m open to other ideas 😉

(currently on Formula “The Ones” i like the power and the feel, i hate the fact they are full of tiny small parts that seem to break and fall off the whole time, and the fact spares are silly money, and the fact the brake pads are so minimalist they last about 3mins in gritty conditions etc)

shredder
    Free Member

Have had the latest XT’s which were superb very on / off which I liked.
    Also have Saint M820’s on another bike, they have a longer lever throw / better modulation than the XT’s.
    I think the increase with power on the Saint comes into play when you are on the brakes longer.
    So to sum up 😀

XT’s great very sharp at the lever
    M820’s longer lever throw better modulation deeper stopping power.

Both brilliant.

maxtorque

I don’t mind a “longer” lever feel, but i hate one that has yards of slack / free play before the pads bite the disc. As that makes “snap” (or panicky….. lol) applications difficult.

shredder
    Free Member

No the Saint doesnt suffer from that its just compared to the near instant lever on the XT.
    The only panicking will be as your eyes leave your head with the stopping power on each 😆

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘STOP ME. And help me buy one…….’ is closed to new replies.