Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Stoner – Android tablet help please
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

£100-£150 to spend on an android tablet, only to be used as a web browser/watching videos/playing music/email

Sites i usually use are:
    strava
    endomondo
    stw
    bbc weather
    facebook
    online footy
    youtube
    vimeo

so need something suitable to see the content. 7-10″ screen. Decent battery life, SD card preferred, WIFI of course. Capacitive screen

brant
    Free Member

google nexus 7

nickjb
    Free Member

Nexus would be the obvious choice. I went for a lenovo A1 as it has GPS which adds some interesting funcionality for me but it is a bit slow and dated now.

smokey_jo

I’m not Stoner but i’ve been running a chinese £120 tablet for a few months now and because of the laggy browser I’m seriously considering a Google Nexus Tablet.

I’ve tried no end of ROMS and I think it’s a generic Android problem and possibly something to do with Flash because the OH’s Ipad 2 loads and renders sites much faster than my pad.

I’m running a Novo7 Elf 1GB Ram on Elvish 0.4 if it matters.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Wow somehow missed that 🙂 Anywhere to get it round the £150 mark?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I brought my lad one of these and there’s been no complaints

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nothing to contribute re Andrews Tablets but for the OP, I believe Stoner’s currently mincing around SW France so may not reply to this anything soon.

southbeds
    Free Member

i brought one those £109 tablets from amazon for my 10year old grandson,he thinks it is great for games, his mother uses it for shoping

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stoner est en France a ce moment. Probablement bien bourré.

Cougar

Nexus Sept.

superfli
    Free Member

I’m happy with my ployer momo 11. A few tweaks here and there, but well worth the £150

miketually
    Free Member

If I was buying, I’d find the extra £50 and get the Nexus 7.

spooky_b329

Smokey, I have a chinese tablet and found the stock browser and the supposedly fast Dolphin and Opera Mini browsers to be laggy as well. Then I gave Firefox a go and it seems to have improved things.

JohnnyPanic

I’ve just bought one of these. First Android device so too early for any meaningful review but sems OK. 1Gb RAM, 16Gb internal and bought a 32Gb card to go with it. USB works with keyboards, mice, memory sticks & powered drives. Has HDMI out.

superfli
    Free Member

I’ve just ditched Dolphin browser as it was laggy and am now trying Maxthon, seems much better so far. I didnt want to install Chrome as its 10x bigger install and mem is limited on the ployer to 300mb (although it has 16mb built in sd)

GWick
    Free Member

Acer Iconia A110

Not launched yet but very similar specs (to be confirmed) to the Nexus 7. It does not have an IPS screen but does have a micro SD slot (upto 32GB) unlike the Nexus.

I’m still trying to make up my mind which to eventually go for.

Shorty121
    Free Member

If anyone has bought the nexus 7, how long did google take to send it?

brant
    Free Member

Still waiting.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Numerous recent threads on this, try those in stoner’s absence.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve been eyeing up one of these…

mandog

I quite fancy one with a GPS so that I can use it as a Tom Tom. Any ideas?

nickjb
    Free Member

I quite fancy one with a GPS so that I can use it as a Tom Tom. Any ideas?

That’s why I got the lenovo a1. It’s a long way from ipad slickness but it’s great for £120. GPS, satnav, os maps and all the usual android stuff

afrothunder88

I’ve got an Advent Vega that’s no longer needed if you fancied something bigger than 7″.

Its running a custom ICS 4.0.4 ROM at the moment, which is approximately 1000x better than the Gingerbread one its replaced.

2 small scratches on the screen but they’re not noticeable in use really.

Email is in profile if you want more information.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Stoner – Android tablet help please’ is closed to new replies.