• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nuke.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Stone Roses – remastered – truly worth it?
  • MikeT-23
    Free Member

Yes, folks. Twenty years already. What happened?

Well, there's a re-release a-happening, with remastered tracks. Can (arguably) the best album of all time possibly be improved?

I am slightly tempted, but maybe it's best left alone so that the original stays freshest in my memory.

Would a remastered version be an improvement? Perhaps in sound quality, but how about in emotional response?

I dunno. Has anyone gone for it yet? Can anyone speak from experience.

Certainly know this – I'll be playing my original this evening, loud! Anyone in Glasgow's west end who hears it come on up for a beer or whatever and we'll debate the issue.

nickc

Nah…

grievoustim
    Free Member

i doubt the average listener will notice much of a difference

its not even close to a "greatest album" title – those awful "backwards" filler tracks put paid to that

jammer
    Free Member

You can't improve perfection.

Might just be the best album of all time.

Da Roses !

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

It's a fine album,but nowhere the best ever……there isn't one.

racefaceec90

what do you mean young dave riley.you obviously haven't heard the wurzel's greatest hits!!! 😉

mrfrosty
    Free Member

An stone roses is very good but if you've the original spend your money om ian brown. Anyone see the interview on mtv2 ?

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Raceface….that's where you're wrong! Brand New Combine Harvester is one of my favourite,pre-ride ,motivation tracks!!

GhostRider
    Free Member

Mike T 23 – Turn up the volume so i can here you in Paisley..

The first album was the biz, but don't forget the single tracks,

Standin Here
    Going Down
    Mersey Paradise
    Elephant Stone
    What The World is Waitin For
    Fools Gold

"Stop the world i wana get off"

Crell
    Free Member

I was listening to some Smiths remastered singles on spotify earlier. I don't like the "improvement". I much prefer the sound of the originals.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

GhostRider….hello…..ARE YOU STILL AWAKE?????

Beers, rums, etc. consumed liberally and you've pussied out…???

I gotta go ridin' with ya sometime: I might feel like I can actually preserve this facade.

I am the resurrection , and I am the light…..

{ Aaawwww man; the boldness of booze… (and the absence of the ladies of the house} …

C'mon then ya bunchapooves…

eddie11
    Free Member

is it worth it? probably not
    is it full of music you already have on umpteen different formats? yes

Has my preorder arrived today anyway? yes

And its big and shiny with lovely pictures and i'm working my way through the LPs now before moving onto the cds. hmm… stone roses 🙂

anyone else made the 'investment'?

nuke

This explains why the number of Stone Roses tracks being played on XFM appears to have tripled in the last couple of weeks

…not that I'm complaining 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Stone Roses – remastered – truly worth it?’ is closed to new replies.