Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Stolen in Manchester last night – my ****ing bike!
  • binners

And it wasn’t locked to a railing or anything. It was leaning against my desk. We had our offices broken into last night. They cleaned us out! Macs, servers, the lot.

I’d left me bike in the office Friday as, unusually, I’d nipped out for a few sherberts after work. That must have been a nice little bonus for them when they kicked the door in

Here it is when it was built, Its got different forks and brakes on now

http://adamrowlinson.fotopic.net/p42059499.html

Subtle it aint

Merida Trans-mission LRS Speed (bright ****ing yellow!)
    Maniitou Swinger 3-way back shock
    Marzzochi All Mountain 1’s
    Mavic XC717’s on Hope XC hubs. Ringle skewers.
    Hayes Stroker Rydes (2 weeks ****ing old)
    Azonic Shorty Stem
    Easton EA70 bars
    Syncos Derived seatpost
    SDG Bel-Air saddle (bright ****ing yellow!)
    XT mechs and shifters
    LX cranks
    Yeti Lock-ons

I’d appreciate it if you would keep your eyes open for it. I built the **** thing myself, even laced the wheels. So its not just about the money. Cheers.

On a related note. Aren’t the police brilliant? Seriously! The scumbags have cleaned out every office on 2 floors of a building in Manchester City Centre. They must have been here half the night. It was discovered and reported 3 hours ago. The feds still haven’t bothered their sorry arses to show up

yoshimi

Downer! Mate’s got a flat in town, his and 6 other apartments were cleaned out a couple of months ago- he’s on the 4th floor and they had CCTV – it wasn’t working tho

Will keep eyes oppen on local rivvy rides

RealMan
    Free Member

On a related note. Aren’t the police brilliant? Seriously! The scumbags have cleaned out every office on 2 floors of a building in Manchester City Centre. They must have been here half the night.

Thats nothing.

Been to a nature place on school trip about 2 years ago. During one of the nights, some guys mustve come with a lorry or a van or something, and stole the lead roof off the nature building. And it was a pretty big building. Can just see the ebay ad now..

1 x lead roof. used.

myheadsashed

the **** broke into my car today in Salford while I was at work and stole my tools, I worked the last three weekends and haven’t had a day off for a month and all the extra money I’ve earn will now go on replacing the tools. I should’ve stayed at f3cking home I’d have been better off. better still sponge of the state like the rest of the crack head f3ckwits. 👿

Saudi Arabia is a sh1t hole but they don’t get many re offenders. 👿

mefster
    Free Member

Gutted to hear that. They need stringing up.

I’ll keep my eyes peeled this end of town.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Sh*t Binners, that’s bad luck. Hopefully someone will see it soon, sounds like a very bright bike to be riding around on…

Ed2001
    Free Member

orry to hear that, I had mine stolen couple of years back, I will keep a look out.

dave360

mince pies are peeled

binners

To be honest, te bike is the least of my worries. The work contained on all the macs and servers is somewhat critical

This morning I shall be going to see our landlord to ask why, when I’m paying for 24 hour security, someone is able to stroll into my office through the front door (which require swipe cards), and empty it of its contents without setting off any alarms or cropping up on any of the numerous CCTV cameras.

Inside job you say? Surely not?

hora
    Free Member

Will keep alook out binners. Give it a month and someone will pull it out thinking the heats gone away.

http://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=63&parent_id=2

£899! Inc front XTR mech, Thomson seatpost and headset.

Wozza
    Free Member

Unlucky Binners, must be easy to spot that… if i see it in the centre i’ll be sure to give em a gentle push under the Metrolink.

On the police note, the amount of times I see smack-rats riding rare bikes worth a few quid and obviously custom builds is ridiculous, surely a bit of bike education to the cops would recover a few more?

mrsflash
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that binners 🙁

snowslave

Sorry to hear that amigo, hope your work stuff gets sorted.

Wozza has a v good point – it’s pretty obvious when you see scallies on a £2k+ pushrod that something isn’t quite right. A regular occurance. They use our bikes as helicopter gunships.

hora
    Free Member

Wozza. Agree. Ive seen a fair few. A couple of black lads stopped and had a conversation with me in Chorlton Water park when I was walking our dog with our bike- you could tell by the look in their eyes/manner that they were thinking about taking the bike off of me.

CountZero

Binners, that’s really bad news. It’s obviously more than your usual break-in if they’ve gone after Macs and servers – there’s no real civilian aftermarket for that sort of equipment. It sounds like that’s been stolen to order, possibly to kit out a business on the cheap, probably going abroad, likely central Europe. Funny how they got around the security, tho’…
    Maybe they’ll just offload the bike somewhere, so it may turn up on the street, maybe even one of the perps took it for hisself and get nabbed riding it. Hope it all turns up.

warton
    Free Member

hora,
    Does it matter that they were black at all? would you of mentioned it if they were white?
    Shocking!

hora
    Free Member

warton:

mk1fan
    Free Member

My sympathies.

enfht
    Free Member

Bad news, will your employer’s insurance cover your bike?

I hope your IT guys had complete and up to date backups. 😳

retro83
    Free Member

bastards. Did you have off-site backups of your data?

Real shitter about the bike too!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Gutted Bru,

I’ll keep an eye out here on New Bailey Street..

Often see some intersting yoofs on “not their bikes” ( This may or may not be the case..) around Salford Central Station..

xherbivorex
    Free Member

just seen this.
    sorry to hear it mate. it’s horrendous.
    certainly seems a bit fishy; good chance the stuff will either be long gone out of the region or holed up in some lockup in salford somewhere.
    the dibble won’t give a toss though.

hora
    Free Member

They would if a Gay rights association was broken into and there was a threat of discrimination hanging over them. Sorry, its true. It would be followed up and dealt with by the book. Joe public? Then the coppers could simply say ‘heavy workload’.

ourmaninthenorth

Sorry, its true

Perhaps in the world of letter writers to the South Manchester Reporter. However, back in the land of reality, unlikely,

binners – sorry to hear that, old boy. It certainly does sound like your bike was a lucky extra in an otherwise “well organised” job.

Worst thing is the loss of the work, though. Spoken to clients yet?

Hope you have some joy in sorting the insurance for all of this.

Oh, and I’ll keep ’em peeled in latte country.

grumm
    Free Member

They would if a Gay rights association was broken into

Wow you don’t half talk some shite do you.

hora
    Free Member

Perhaps in the world of letter writers to the South Manchester Reporter

No, Ive seen that rag and other local ones- mainly Irlam shopping precinct letters and about the local Youth football team..

Talk shite? Dunno, its the interweb…dont take your middle-aged self soo seriously sweetie. 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Anyhoooo, sorry if I’ve offended anyone with that comment. It was meant part in jest and part in generalisation.. not maliciously.

project
    Free Member

[quotehora – Member
    They would if a Gay rights association was broken into and there was a threat of discrimination hanging over them. Sorry, its true. It would be followed up and dealt with by the book. Joe public? Then the coppers could simply say ‘heavy workload’.

]
    Sadly by your rather silly and stupid comment,you show your discrimation and Homophobia.
    Perhaps the original poster should ring the Police and say it was a Gay activist group,and then see if he gets a better responce, i very much doubt it.
    Really sad about the loss of such a nice bike though.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

You are the third Mac equipped office I have heard of being cleaned out.
    Mates design agency in Truro was done a few years back and they only took things with an Apple logo, they left some really tasty kit.
    Posed as office cleaners, no one batted an eyelid!
    Hope you manage to get sorted and your bike turns up.
    Do a lot of work with the plod and the workload argument, although shite to hear, is mainly piles and piles of paperwork forced upon them by the various rantings of tub thumpers like Hora and RudeBoy.

hora
    Free Member

(Thumps tub and points a quivering finger at people)

alpin
    Free Member

hahhaahaaa! well funny.

binners

Hora – **** off!!!

lowey

Sorry to hear that mate. Gutted for you.

I’ll keep my eyes peeled.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Stolen in Manchester last night – my ****ing bike!’ is closed to new replies.