Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • STOLEN in Edinburgh – my precious
  • jimmy

My 1993 trusty KHS Montana Comp was stolen from my flat hallway last night. After 2.5 years of sitting there I thought she’d never got nicked – but envy is a nasty thing so it was a matter of time. Can’t be many about, so Edinburgh folk please keep em peeled… Could even provide a pintage reward for her return.

EDIT:Sorry didn’t realise the pic was quite so eye-hurtingly bad. Since then the wheels have been replaced and the gears are gone. And the pink has lost its vibrancy… *runs off to sob*

bigjim

Awesome bike, I wanted one of them!

jimmy

so did some other scrote-bag last night!

rs
    Free Member

maybe the bin men thought you’d left it out for them 😉

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i’ll keep an eye out. i had the grey montana and a friend had the very same one as that! shouldn’t be too hard to spot. though not sure what i’d do once i see it!

bigjim

if I see someone on it I’ll give them a really stern look and tut.

4ndyB
    Free Member

I’ll keep an eye out on retrobike, quite a few KHS fans over there, including myself, I have a ’93 Montana Pro, they’re great frames & hugely underrated compared to it’s other bikes from that era

Davesport

Bu99er ! It was pretty dark as I was creeping around in that stair. If I’d realised it had pink forks I’d never have nicked the effin thing…..Bastod…..

If I see it in East Lothian I’ll let you know 🙂

jimmy

there was a Montana Pro for sale a few months back. If its still for sale, people…

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

A beaut like that must have been stolen to order. Here’s hoping your insurance will pay out!

I’m sure it’ll turn a few heads so I think we can safely say that it’ll be recovered.

Tried the local tip?

🙁

AlasdairMc

Makes a friend getting his Heckler and Sunday nicked last week pale into insignificance…

Could the two thefts be linked?

theken
    Free Member

The macretro guys on retro bike will keep an eye out, a few of us have khs’s. I’ve got a 93 pro being built up just now. Hopefully you’ll get it back and come out on a few rides.

One of our edinburgh guys got his bike back after 3 years so don’t lose hope.

keep an eye on gumtree and the other usual fenceposts

stanfree
    Free Member

I think Alasdair Is right poor Stuarts Heckler was probably nicked as a doner bike for Jimmys beauty.

bigjim

I think I still have the MBUK with the test of that KHS that made me want to buy it.

Maybe it was the scummer that stole my Raleigh Maverick.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN in Edinburgh – my precious’ is closed to new replies.