Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stolen bikes – Elland/Halifax
  • Bankster
    Free Member

I pulled onto the drive last night and the first thing I saw was that the garage door was open. Ey up I thought this looks bad. Bad indeed, mine and my wife’s bikes have been nicked.

If anyone lives around Elland area, maybe also in West Vale or Stainland or anywhere in Halifax I guess, can you please keep an eye out for the following.

Specialized Rockhopper (Disc) Black, 23inch frame. Distinctive bits, Time Atac xs pedals, white scrape on the headtube.

Specialized Myka Pro, Blue, 19inch frame. Bike bits, Halfords bike computer, lights.

If anyone see’s them or is offered them to buy can you please drop me a line on here. Or call the cops.

I’ll be beefing up my garage security after this, I am worried they will just come back in two months and nick the replacements. B@5tards.

Cheers,
    Dave.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Someone else reported a bike theft in Elland on here last week.

I’ll keep my eyes open mate…

AdamMitchell69
    Free Member

which part of Elland???
    I live in the same delightful part of halifax so will keep an eye out. Might be worth checking with the police as there is CCTV throughout Elland town centre so they might have rode through after nicking yours.

Adam

TheSanityAssassin

Jeez, you’re a couple of big buggers. That 23″ farmers gate ought to be easy to spot with some little scrote sat atop.

nigew
    Free Member

Maybe have a nosey on the Broad street car boot first thing Sun AM and watch Ebay obsessively!
    Found my stolen On One on ebay several years back, in bits, Police were next to useless but did get some parts back using other methods!
    A couple of guys i ride with are from down your way and will be riding with them tonight so ill ask em to keep an eye out for them.

Bankster
    Free Member

Hi, thanks to you all for replying and keeping an eye out. Adam – between Brooksbank school and the golf club.

Sanity – the 23incher looks little when I’m on it. 6’7″ me! ps, rode the CVMBC the other Sunday. Great !! First CVMBC & first event. Loved it and very well run and organised. So glad bike didn’t go before it. Ta.

Dave.

AdamMitchell69
    Free Member

there are only a few houses in that location (parents live on Hammerstones) so they must have picked out your house beforehand as a target – which is worrying.
    get yourself a shotgun license

Bankster
    Free Member

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/Police-appeal-for-witness-to.5302780.jp

This happened on the same day as my bikes were nicked and about quarter of a mile away. It looks like they were in the area looking for houses / garages to rob. After being disturbed from the first house it looks as if they’ve drove on a bit and found mine.

I obviously hope they catch the fu**ers, but if you live in the area it’s probably worth taking extra care to make sure you set the alarms and chain your bikes up etc, even if they are in the shed/garage.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stolen bikes – Elland/Halifax’ is closed to new replies.