Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stolen bike….again!!
  • gonzy
    Free Member

yet another bike theft being reported on STW
    fortunately its not me who is the victim but the husband of a work colleague.
    bit of a long shot given the timescale…he had his Giant XTC stolen from his shed in Urmston, Manchester 2 weeks ago…the bike had no pedals or chain fitted as it was not yet fully built up…the scumbags also took a bike from one of their neighbours and left 2 other stolen bikes dumped at the bottom of her garden…
    if anyone spots this bike please let me know

i’ll get the full spec list as soon as i get it…

edward2000
    Free Member

Gutted. Do you know how they broke into the shed? Probably by unscrewing the door? What security was in place? Also advise him not to keep a replacement in the shed, as the scumbags will expect an insurance replacement to arrive soon – talking from experience. Im in Didsbury so ill keep my eyes peeled.

gonzy
    Free Member

they unscrewed the hinges to the shed door even though he had rounded the screw heads on the hinges…he had a couple of other bikes and tools etc that they left behind so it looks like he was targeted. the LBS is round the corner from his house so they must have seen him wheeling the bike there and back during the build process.
    he bought most of the parts from ebay etc so is having to go through the hassle of trying to get its true value so he can claim off the insurance. i believe the security was minimal at the time but obviously the shed is like fort knox now!!
    thanks for keeping a look out…

edward2000
    Free Member

Do you think its possible that one of his ebay suppliers knew his address, ie was it delivered to his house? I always get bike stuff posted to my word address for this reason and when i sell stuff i never let people know where i live.

gonzy
    Free Member

i’m not sure…i’ll ask his wife…she’s sat on the desk opposite me!!

gonzy
    Free Member

she said he did get the stuff sent to his house but none of it was locally sourced

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stolen bike….again!!’ is closed to new replies.