• This topic has 40 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by B@BR.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Stolen bike recovered – Woo hoo!
  • piemann
    Free Member

My Santa Cruz Heckler, stolen on the 12th of July, turned up on ebay at the weekend. I let the police know and they've just called me to say they have recovered it.

What a result!!

My sincere thanks to all the Greater Manchester Police officers who helped me out on this. I am really impressed with how serious they took this case and am very grateful for the excellent advice and assistance they provided.

Gotta go to the station this evening to get it back. I can't wait!

😛

I am absolutely over the moon…… (hopefully their investigation might lead to getting my P7 and my PS3 back too – but I'll settle for just the Heckler if it doesn't).

Woo and indeed hoo!!!!!!!!

tails
    Free Member

My sincere thanks to all the Greater Manchester Police officers who helped me out on this. I am really impressed with how serious they took this case and am very grateful for the excellent advice and assistance they provided.

Whilst over the rest of the UK

tails
    Free Member

oh congrats by the way and I hope the others are returned aswell

U31
    Free Member

Result!
    Have you got a link to the ebay ad, out of morbid curiosity?

richmtb

Nice one.

Would love to see the ebay link if you have it as well

piemann
    Free Member

No link, but it was item number 140442406089

You'd need to search for completed listings though.

bikeywikey
    Free Member

"Whilst over the rest of the UK"

In fairness when my shed was being targeted the police in North Yorkshire took it pretty seriously and were keen to catch the tykes…….
    Obviously better in some areas than others

dirtyrider
    Free Member

needs a longer brake hose

verses
    oscillatewildly
    Free Member

PIEMAN – LOOK AT THE SCROTES HISTORY!!! LOOKS LIKE YOUR PS3 WAS SOLD DUDE!!!!

soma_rich
    Free Member

So who's is the Kona Shred the guy is still selling???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kona-Shred-/140443787608?pt=UK_Bikes_GL#ht_500wt_1154

verses

Interesting that he uses different mobile numbers in both ads

tails
    Free Member

I'm always amazed how poor these thieves ads are it just screams stolen goods! Hope the c**t gets run over!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i hope he dies in the most painful/slowest way possible, **** scab!

U31
    Free Member

I wonder where he was nicking them gas boilers from?

lagerfanny
    Free Member

That's GREAT news piemann !

Hope the little s h i t receives a proper punishment/slap 😉

DT78
    Free Member

ebay ad is typical moron scrot description. Looks like he has someones Kona as well….

hora
    Free Member

Phew, thank **** we didnt have to go down to Warrington. GREAT result 😀

riggsy
    Free Member

great result – bet your well releaved…

hope the little sh!tbags get what they deserve…

amedias
    Free Member

congrats – always nice to hear a success against the sum.

I had 4 bikes stolen from my truck last Xmas and have been trawling ebay and even set up automated gumtree scrapers but haven't seen them anywhere. I've given up now. Police weren't interested in doing anything other than blaming me for not securing them well enough.

anyhoo…well done!

P.S

if anyone has seen my 16inch V-brake equipped Kona A full-suss single speed then let me know, it was quite distinctive! (so were the others but not many of the A's around)

matt

richmtb

What a **** scrote! "900 quid new" So they managed to use google to find out the price of the frame!

Dickyboy

this heckler on gumtree looks a bit odd too

http://manchester.gumtree.com/manchester/47/64427247.html

hora
    Free Member

What a **** scrote! "900 quid new" So they managed to use google to find out the price of the frame

You can be degree-standard and have a criminal mind as well you know 🙄

foxyrider
    Free Member

Santa cruz mountain bike 900 pound new had it for a year few scracthes all the best bit on it cash on collection 0***5 5*****4

Muppet 😉

Nice one 🙂

Gachet
    Free Member

How come they've still got 100% feedback? Surely the winning bidder should have posted something negative when they were told they couldn't have the bike….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On a related note, outside cash converters in Reading yeserday……….

Trek EX8
    888's
    A full on stereo system built into the trippleclamps blearing out tunes!!!

Clearly nicked, but full marks for niche!

foxyrider
    Free Member

How come they've still got 100% feedback? Surely the winning bidder should have posted something negative when they were told they couldn't have the bike….

Perhaps the police bought it?

donsimon
    Free Member

Kona shred bin road 5 times mint condition 2 month old 07909 006052 ring for collection it is a 14 frame

Shouldn't be a problem finding him, where's Bin Road?

Congrats on the find, hope the punishment is disproportionately severe. 😉
    Hope the Kona finds its owner too.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

It's a good example of what an ad for a nicked bike looks like anyway.

The guy will probably get the severe penalty of picking up roadside litter which will enable him to suss out lots of houses with sheds he can brake into later.

piemann
    Free Member

I collected it from the Police station last night. Whoever took it did a far more thorough cleaning job on it than I ever did. Honestly, there's nary a speck of dirt on it!

I won the auction btw. There was no way I was gonna risk letting it go to someone else (plus, by doing that I also prevented a crime).

I need to contact ebay to see about getting the auction voided somehow. Anyone got a contact email address? They're a bit reluctant to post on the the ebay site.

Dickyboy

Pieman surely neg feedback is all you need to give & advise ebay, in my experience they'll do F all anyway 😡

kimbers

i hope the police have seized the kona along with the ops santa cruz

or i imagine he'll just pay the fine by selling the kona!

binners

Seeing as you've got it back, are you coming out at the wekend?

MarkN
    Free Member

What and get it dirty? 😆

Congrats BTW on getting your Heckler back, great bikes.

hora
    Free Member

Where you planning binners? I might be in. If its intresting, with dancing ladies and bears holding beer on the trails

BluePalomino
    Free Member

It's a good example of what an ad for a nicked bike looks like anyway.

Yep. The formula is obvious.

tonyd

Well done getting it back, and nice to hear something positive about the police. Must admit I'd have been tempted to win the auction and turn up to collect it with some mates to help give him some negative feedback. A friend of mine found his stolen Epiphany on Ebay a few years back and plod didn't want to know as the insurance had already paid out, insurance company didn't care either.

(no, we were too tight/scared to drive 200 miles to find out we hadn't brought enough mates)

coffeeking
    Free Member

I think your PS3 is long gone (140300885598) but hope they try!

hora
    Free Member

200miles to me says the bike was probably fenced on so the seller might not be as 'bad' as you think.

Plus you say that however you'd probably go absolutely bonkers if you found/confronted the actual lad who broke in. So probably best not. When its highly personal even mild-mannered folk can go absolutely insane/mental.

tonyd

<memory lane>
    When I was about 15 my beloved Raleigh Tuff Burner (blue with yellow mags) got nicked. I quickly heard who had it (small town) and bunked off of school for a week before finally finding the wee scrote playing video games down the seafront, my bike parked outside. I went slightly mental before dragging him a mile across town by his hair to the police station – very satisfying! The police warned me about roughing him up then slapped his wrists and called his mum.

I then heard how his sisters boyfriend (local face, bodybuilder type) was looking for me and spent the next week sh!tting myself. He eventually caught up with me and congratulated me – result!
    </memory lane>

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Stolen bike recovered – Woo hoo!’ is closed to new replies.