Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • STOLEN! Airborne Black widow commuter bike
  • Tiboy

Woken up this morning by my very upset wife telling me that someone has stolen her beloved black widow (ti hardtail). It was taken from the north bristol area, and is built up pretty distinctively, spec is as follows:
    Pace RC31 forks
    red Superstar headset
    XT Hollowtech 1 cranks
    Singlespeeded with superstar roller-type tensioner
    roadrat branded 700C wheels
    Hope TechX2 brakes
    Flat bontrager bar with cane creek ergo bar ends.

If people in the area could keep their eyes open that would be great, or if anyone seeing one up for sale anywhere please give me a shout, I have the frame number etc so can identify it.

Cheers

wwaswas

Bristol seems to be rife with this sort of thing judging by the number of posts on here 🙁

Tiboy

yeh, it does seem quite common, but still gutting! if you could keep eyes peeled guys and girls taht would be great! Cheers

Tiboy

Bumpt to keep it noticed 😀

StuF

Let Mr Agreeable (from here) know – I think he's in the bristol area and knows the places to try and help

Tiboy

Thanks StuF, will do, hating the feeling of being helpless!

bobbyspangles

gutted! hope you retrieve the bike.

btw-pretty bling commuter!

Tiboy

Yeh, was pretty bling, but she rides every day come rain or shine, so wanted her to have something which was nice to ride. Now worried that some scumbag noticed it and followed her home, which is a bit scary for her, not sure how she feels about commuting knowing that that might have happened.

Tiboy

bump!

Tiboy

quick bump for the lunchtime crowd 😀

crispedwheel
    Free Member

I think this is the site that Mr Agreeable runs…http://www.stolenbristolbikes.com/

Dylan08
    Free Member

A TITANIUM commuter bike … Bling!!!

Good luck with the recovery

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

So gutted for you mate. Poor Pickle – I know how much she loved that bike 🙁

Have you emailed Mr. Agreeable yet? He's really good to get onto this sort of thing. Nice guy too.

I've told P she can borrow my bike, but I totally understand her feeling a bit worried about being followed again… Such a horrible situation. Mr. MM is seriously angry on her behalf!

Still, it is distinctive, so hopefully it will turn up… Just let me know if there's anything I can do.

Tiboy

Yep, totally gutting, the idea of her being followed home by someone is not nice, odd thing was that they took hers but left my roadrat which was right next to it, which really makes me think they are a mountain biker, or someone who really knows their gear. Will be distinctly disappointed if it's a mountain biker!

muffin_the_mule
    Free Member

Possibly just an opportunist who could only pedal one bike away?

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

will keep an eye out around filton, little stoke, Patchway and Bradley stoke…

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

http://www.stolenbristolbikes.com/

Will keep a look out too

Tiboy

Thanks guys, may well be an opportunist, hope they don't come back! On another topic how's your back crash-test-rider? you able to do any riding at all?

Tiboy

bump for friday! 😀

Tiboy

bump

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Hi ti.. nope im down for surgery in a week or 2 max of 12, need 2 discs out my neck and dsic replacement or fusion so a week in hospital to look forward to so no riding, I can hardly walk so my new build is going to have to wait for a test crash 🙂 sorry to hear about your bike I will keep an eye out for it as well as some web sites!

MrAgreeable

AnalogueAndy, that photo you put up isn't the actual bike, just a pic I grabbed off the web. The frame and forks are the same, but it's a singlespeed with 700c (disc?) wheels. Wouldn't want any cases of mistaken identity!

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

MrAgreeable

CTR, that's a different build too. The full spec list is on the site at http://www.stolenbristolbikes.com. It's a pretty unusual setup!

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

I was speaking to him a while ago about the frame and assumed it was still like that, has he not got any up to date piccies?

Tiboy

Crash, taht ones my old bike, decided I couldn't jsutify it so sold it, so we were down to one widow, now this!! and yes we were a bit sad with matching frames, but they rode really well!!The stolen bike has 700C dics wheels off a roadrat.

That's a right bugger about your spine mate, once your back on the bike and fancy some gentle cycle path stuff let me know, always up for bristol to bath and a pint at saltford!

If anypone does see the bike around and about please get in touch with filton police or myself, would be great to get it back!

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

ah didnt realise you had 2…… I will keep em peeled for you, I live in Patchway and drive round north bristol a lot so you never know.

I may take you up on that offer, they serve a good pint there 🙂

Tiboy

Cool, thanks Crash, never know where it might turn up!
    If you need a lift with anything while your recovering give me a shout.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out Bradley Stoke here 8)

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Cheers Pawsy_bear(on behalf of Tiboy)!

Tiboy

bump for the weekend 😀

Tiboy

bump

Hairychested
    Free Member

Can you skin the thief when you get hold of him? Without painkillers and with a blunt blade? Please!
    Will keep an eye over the water, we get loads of bikes from UK here.

Tiboy

Thanks Hairy, much appreciated! I'm a bit stumped as to what to do if I caught one of the locals riding round on it, don't like to think about how angry I'd be!!

whisper
    Free Member

Hi Tiboy – I am not all that clued up on bikes so the discription of the Black Widow is a little over my head. My boyfriend just had his bike stolen so went out and bought a second hand one the other day. We were a bit parinoid of the source as we have just had a bike stolen so decided to check it out just in case and I came across your post from last year.
    This bike he has bought is a single speed black widow with forks (which made me think someone has built it up – My ex used to ride a single speed so I vagualy paid attention) and it has red on it by the handlebars. Also a brown seat though its missing any gears (why we thought it was going cheaper as needs a bit of work)
    The frame is light and its got pedals for clip on shoes. We would hate to have a stolen bike as we know the emotions regarding it so please let me know if you think this sounds like it and we can try and sort out meeting up to take a look at it.

Thanks

whisper
    Free Member

I meant no brakes (not gears)

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

might be worth dropping him an email…

whisper
    Free Member

How do i find his email address?

sc-xc

msol644AThotmail.com

whisper
    Free Member

Thank you

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN! Airborne Black widow commuter bike’ is closed to new replies.